Turn on thread page Beta

ME and a mate have just got back from a night out and have been having a trademark random chat, the likes of whihc we haven't had in a while, probably because I've been at uni...

Anyway...we were chatting about girls and we both came out with this sense of connection we've had with girls in the past, then my mate said, despite really liking his girlfriend in everyway there is a certain feeling he is missing, like for example, for some reason he cannot say he loves her...thus far it hasn't caused problems but it brought up interesting conversation between the two of us...

soo...basically...whenever I really like a girl and something is ont he verge of happening i get doubts, start making up superficial faults with them, which are almost shallow, such as them having a funny nose when there is nothgin wrong with it...but anyway...I havent had that real sense of connection with a girl for atleast 2 years. There is a girl I kinda like from uni but there isn't that same sort of butterflies feeling. I have realised that any girl I am comparing to this other girl that I messed things up with and am not sure I will ever meet another girl like her.

I'm not being depressed or miserable or anything...it's jsut something I've realised is happening in my subconscious and it is affectign a few things. Even my sex life...for some reason I'm not fussed about shagging random girls, I prefer the whole having some kind of connection thing, and, especially when im sober, i can be kinda dismissive of advances from girls. When I'm drunk the hormones take over, but it's still annoying...when things were going well with this girl I kinda became less attached, as I wasn't seeing her often, and got flirty with other girls, nd even did things with other girls, but since realising i messed things up I've almost lost libido...

I don't beleive in fate or anything, but I honestly believe this girl was perfect for me. ALthough I don't beleive she is the only perfect girl i feel like the chances of meeting someone as cool are very slim, and thus almost feel like whats the point...

Hs anyone else been in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    we all have. the girl your with is never the one but the one that got away is the one. just think rationally about things and it will all work out

ReputationRep:
    The grass is always greener eh?
    You'll find other girls.= but it will take time to find one that makes you forget her.

Hmm...insightful drunken threads ftw lol.

To add a bit more to the story, this girl was over here travelling on a gap year so the reason things went they did was because she went home. We were in touch pretty much everyday for months, then another girl came along and the contact from me became less frequent to the extent i forgot her birthday...this was what messed things up...before that we were almost like best friends and if she wasn't over the otherside of the world we'd have been more...

Since then pretty much, things haven't been the same, we don't bother with each others birthdays etc. We do email each other occassionally, although I hadn't been in touch since i've been at uni. The thing that triggered the thoughts again was seeing a mutual friend recently which prompted me2get in touch. Basically I just feel bad that i ruined things by forgetting her birthday that time.

The whole one thing was a bit of an aside as I haven't felt like I did about her about anyone since, and I think I probably should have, and the feeling was mutual too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    The grass is always greener eh?
    You'll find other girls.= but it will take time to find one that makes you forget her.
    So true.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.