Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

About 2 months ago i applied for student fiance for the first time as im about to start my first year at uni in september.

I completed the form online and sent my passport and my parents documents. I sent it all in one envelope.

About a week ago i received my passport back, so i though they must of got everything and i should have my loan confirmed soon. But, today i got an email saying that they are still awaiting my parents documents!

How didnt they get it if it was in the same envelope ?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    It could be an automatic email, where the documents haven't been processed yet. If you haven't had them sent back then they haven't been processed.

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone send their passport? Because I never did lol

ReputationRep:
    Phone them. I had the eeeexactly the same problem as you and it could be a myriad of things. Just phone them up and ask why they are still saying they're waiting for documentary evidence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    Did everyone send their passport? Because I never did lol
    I didn't, I neeeeded it!
    I don't think I sent anything though... Don't think I needed to... Oh dearrr doubtinggg myself now!

ReputationRep:
    Just to echo what impervious said, it will just be an automatic email, dont panic too much, they just havent got around to processing your parents information.

I rang them up before and they have an 8 week backlog, so just sit tight and ignore any emails you get, then they will send you a letter when they have fully processed your applications and then made a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle88)
    I didn't, I neeeeded it!
    I don't think I sent anything though... Don't think I needed to... Oh dearrr doubtinggg myself now!
    lol yeah me too, I can't remember them saying I needed to send it; I've spoke to them since though and they said its now being assessed etc. so should be OK, taking ages though

ReputationRep:
    This student finance business is sooooooo *hit next year im not even going to bother applying for means tested support,.. sent it in about 6 weeks ago still heard nothing, they've probably lost it!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.