Turn on thread page Beta

Problem with Student Finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

About 2 months ago i applied for student fiance for the first time as im about to start my first year at uni in september.

I completed the form online and sent my passport and my parents documents. I sent it all in one envelope.

About a week ago i received my passport back, so i though they must of got everything and i should have my loan confirmed soon. But, today i got an email saying that they are still awaiting my parents documents!

How didnt they get it if it was in the same envelope ?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    i had the exact same problem, bloody nightmare!
    what they told me was that the parents documents and the identification declaration are two seperate departments and one takes longer than the other.....and all they told me to do was to discard the email and ignore it!

ReputationRep:
    i think everyone is having problems with student finance at the moment. i changed my firm choice uni from salford to leeds met so sent of the required document to student finance telling them about my change of university. I have since recieved a letter saying they need more evidence of parents earnings which they didnt as the next day i recived another letter with the income tested amounts i will receive. a couple of days later i recieve a contract which still says im going to salford which im not, so i gave them a ring on hold for 30 mins for them to tell me there is an 8-12 week waiting time for documents coming in to them. a week later i recieved another letter with the same contract telling me i need to hurry up and send it back to them or i may not get my finance. absolute idiots.

how it can take 12 weeks to look at a form change someones details i have no idea.:confused:

I sent mine off ages ago and still haven't got any confirmation that it's complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spurs.4.life)
    Hi

About 2 months ago i applied for student fiance for the first time as im about to start my first year at uni in september.

I completed the form online and sent my passport and my parents documents. I sent it all in one envelope.

About a week ago i received my passport back, so i though they must of got everything and i should have my loan confirmed soon. But, today i got an email saying that they are still awaiting my parents documents!

How didnt they get it if it was in the same envelope ?

Thanks in advance

I had the exact problem as well a while back.

I called them up and the person i spoke to said it takes longer to put the other documents on the system (assuming the other documents are about your parents finances). If you sent it in the same envelope then they have it, so you don't need to worry. It will get put on the system.

Also the emails they send out are automated i was told so, if the info is not all on the system they routinely send out that email. However the best thing to do is to call up and check, just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it funny how often letters get lost in the post when it comes to SFE? Even if they were sent via recorded delivery....

What a load of bull****!

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a notice on the web site saying that there is no need to contact them if you have sent them your documents, but have not received them back yet. This is probably due to the number of applications they are receiving, although I do symathise. If them have lost them though, you will probably need to send them again. Hopefully you have kept copies. Once you are in the second year of your course, I think they just conduct random samples, so it should ease the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Student finance is a pile of **** this year, it was much better when it was organised by the LEA's. I used to send my forms to Cambridge and would have a response within a week.

ReputationRep:
    I got told to wait 12 weeks before they'll look into my case furthur. Week 10 and counting....

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.