Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am an international student at Newcastle University, and I just got an offer for a room at Bowsden Court. I am really curious of how it looks etc, so can anyone help me? Does anyone have pictures? What the uni page and other internet pages says is pretty limited... I live in flat 6, does anyone know if this is on the 6th floor?

Bah, any information would be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Half the accommodation is new and AMAZING... I think it is actually the lower numbers so you may be in luck! The old bit is pretty standard, decent enough for student halls though.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh that would be so great! I really hope so thanks a lot! If anyone knows anything, please add to this!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I looked around Bowsdon Court at the uni open day it's really nice. I looked around an old one first it was a decent size room with fair sized en suit compared to a lot I'd seen. If you get a brand new one then it's really modern nice rooms modern kitchen leather sofa etc. It's my second choice after Victoria Hall. The only problem is ita a metro ride away. Only a 5 mins one but still, would that bother you? It's quite quiet as the family accomodation in situated there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    Half the accommodation is new and AMAZING... I think it is actually the lower numbers so you may be in luck! The old bit is pretty standard, decent enough for student halls though.
    does flat 12 count as a low number?

ReputationRep:
    OH NO!
    I'm in Flat 21.
    I'm praying they have done up them all by september then!LOL

ReputationRep:
    i'm in flat 16.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone like to arrange to swap their accommodation with me?
    I've got Henderson Hall, ensuite AND catered =)
    Let me know if you, or anyone you know fancies it. Cheers xx

ReputationRep:
    *jealousy crow flies by*

ReputationRep:
    Heh, yes i am jealous. I cannot afford Henderson Hall. Not by a long way... so i'm pretty much in the **** now, unless someone who CAN afford it is willing to swap =[ Just a try!

ReputationRep:
    No, I am jealous. I applied for there got rejected. I wanted en suite cause I just dont like the idea of sharing showers and toilets... don't even get a wash basin... so I'm jealous and gonna sob myself a river to make up for the sharing of toilets and showers. *dramatic pose*

and I hope you do get a cheaper place, have you tried emailing them? The deadline is so short. I havent even set up my student account yet!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh i see, sorry!!
    I shall phone them tomorrow, but i'm not hopeful at all
    I was all about the en-suite too for awhile. I'll admit it is good to have (as I take luverly loooong showers!!), but i've heard from loads of people who've been in both ensuite AND non-ensuite accommodation that, once you get to know everybody, it's really not as important as it originally seems. So try not to worry too much you'll get used to it soon enough, and after a few months you won't be bothered not having one at all!

If worst comes to the worst, we could probably always change later on, once people have started dropping out etc. Where did you get btw? Castle leazes?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you make me feel better. I watched som youtube vids otlaugh at to get over it ~.~

I'm at Richardson and Im scared. I keep seeing "can't wait to party" and even the description talks about "lively" whatever. When I get tired I'm like a granny, even if I wanna stay awake, I get all crazy and laugh at everything and I'll need to sleep XD!!!

Oh well. I hope they consider your situation. Not everyone can afford 113£ ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glasabain1)
    OH NO!
    I'm in Flat 21.
    I'm praying they have done up them all by september then!LOL
    This threads a year old, so yeah you'll be living in one-year-old kitchens

ReputationRep:
    Im in flat 15! I cant wait to go!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowdonkey)
    This threads a year old, so yeah you'll be living in one-year-old kitchens
    HA! I really should start reading things properly!
    But, woo, nice halls!

ReputationRep:
    im in flat 11!! bit of a treck though isnit!

ReputationRep:
    Once we get used to it, im hoping, it wont be too bad.

My theory for the distance is that we trick people from Richardson road into letting us stay at theirs when we cant afford to get back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniB ..x)
    I know, im counting down the days to go!

What day do you move in? I have to move in on the sat, and the accomodation woman said id be the only one in my flat, kind of creepy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniB ..x)
    I know, im counting down the days to go!

What day do you move in? I have to move in on the sat, and the accomodation woman said id be the only one in my flat, kind of creepy!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.