Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glasabain1)
    I know, im counting down the days to go!

What day do you move in? I have to move in on the sat, and the accomodation woman said id be the only one in my flat, kind of creepy!

Im not sure yett.. probably the Sunday!

Yehh i think i'd prefer the Saturday.. the sooner the better! :P

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in flat 3? I'm beginning to think I'll be all alone :P

ReputationRep:
    hi, i've just applied for bowsden court for next year as my first choice, and i was wondering what people thought of it who already live there?

i know its got family accomodation there, and i've heard people say its quiet, which i was expecting it to be, but do lots of people or some go out? i dont go out constantely but i dont want to be stuck in most of the time.

And with you having to get the metro into uni, is there any passes for the whole year?

thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulcad)
    hi, i've just applied for bowsden court for next year as my first choice, and i was wondering what people thought of it who already live there?

i know its got family accomodation there, and i've heard people say its quiet, which i was expecting it to be, but do lots of people or some go out? i dont go out constantely but i dont want to be stuck in most of the time.

And with you having to get the metro into uni, is there any passes for the whole year?

thanks very much
    Hey, I've just accepted my offer for Bowsden and I'm thinking it'll be great for uni. A lot of people seem quite happy with the idea/prices of the metro passes - I'm gonna be relying on having an all round pass so I can work in the city as well as get to uni!

I do like the idea someone else on this thread had of just persuading friends at Ricky or wherever to let us crash after nights out though :P

A friend of mine who lives in Newcastle said I'll have got the right accommodation with this area - it's not painfully student-y so not constantly full of everyone screaming and vomiting; but perhaps it's more like this accommodation is somewhere we can bring the party to - on your own terms which could be nicer in the long run

Maybe we'll meet sometime soon! Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    My best mate stayed here last year, and the new bits are very nice. They're fairly modern, especially the lounge / kitchen areas. The rooms are a decent size too, and the en-suite is always a bonus for your first year. As for distance, a Metro pass is a good idea. South Gosforth station is about a 2 minute walk away, with trains running every couple of minutes to central Newcastle, so you'll never be late. Downside is probably getting back after nights out, but if you've got mates in closer accommodation or if you're out with flatmates then a taxi doesn't cost too much between a few people.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.