Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this course atm, it's hard

We've just started, and it looks pretty interesting actually - just not quite what I'm used to.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Project management (PM) has four main phases. these are:

- Initiation
    - Planning
    - Execution/Monitoring
    - Closure

In the initiation stage, a business case, feasibility study, and terms of reference are drawn up. The terms of reference acts as a reference point where the project sponsor (the person who commissions the project), project manager (the person who runs the project), main stakeholders (anybody who is positively or negatively affected by the project), etc. are identified.

In the planning stage, a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Gantt Chart, Network Diagram, Communications plan, Human Resouces Plan are drawn up. In this stage, it basically lays out how the deliverable (,i.e. the end goal of the project) would be accomplished. Say as an example, the deliverable is a stadium. It seems an odd example, but PM can be used for anything. The build the stadium, the tasks needed to build it are laid down in the WBS, Gantt Chart and Network Diagram.

Execution and Monitoring are as the name says ways of monitoring the project during the project's life. These are in the way of status review meeting, where the project team meet to discuss issues relating to the project.

And in the Closure stage, a final report is drawn up, which lists all of the lessons learnt in the project, and the conclusions drawn out. The project manager gives thanks to the project team for helping in the project and the project comes to an end.

To be an effective project manager, you need to have good motivational skills and understand how to increase morale in the project team.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    ... aww I wish I could rep you into green, but not even I could do that for you :o:

Gosh some people were quite mean to you over time, ah well it's only a forum! Try not to think about it, and thanks heaps for the response!!

ReputationRep:
    You're most welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I Want To Persue Project Management..which R The Gud Universities Plz Help...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.