Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I walk to uni or catch a bus half way and walk? Watch

• View Poll Results: Walk or Bus
    Catch a bus and walk halfway
    8.33%
    Walk all the way
    91.67%

ReputationRep:
    My residence was three miles away from the main campus and the uni provided a free bus, I used to get the bus down to campus but walk back. I had a lot of calories to burn off from nights out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    If you go on the bus you're more likely to get swine flue.
    Big deal, there's a lot of scary bull **** hype about that anyway.

Secondly, even if swine flue wasn't around you'd be more likely to get something from someone on the bus, there's always some snotty child putting their snotty germ filled hands on the seat or the window or whatever. You get the idea.

Thirdly, you can live by yourself and avoid almost all contact with everyone, that way you will significantly lower your chances of catching things, wear a gas mask to work, have body wrap body armour so on so forth. It appears that you're trying to take comfort into consideration with risk, however the bus is not exactly the riskiest place. In fact I've not heard of millions of people avoiding the bus because they don't want X or Y before. People don't appear to catch something most of the time they go on the bus because of the bus or other people on the bus as far as I can tell. But if you have some statistics that contradict my statement, by all means publish them. Of course I'll expect some that will say whilst it's bad to go on the bus it's okay for other things, car pooling, working in an office with other people so on so forth.
    Oh please, grow up! :rolleyes: It feels like I'm arguing with a child (maybe I am). The OP said that he doesn't mind walking and it won't take him that long. I merely stated that another benefit of walking is that he is less likely to catch swine flu since it's likely that there will be lots of people within close proximity on a bus. If you didn't agree with what I said you could have simply ignored it since this is not the topic of discussion for this thread.

Oh you're looking for a serious argument?
    No, I'm not. But it looks as though as you are considering the amount of time you must have spent typing all that nonsense. Now, please stop spamming and focus on the OP's question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    Oh please, grow up! :rolleyes: It feels like I'm arguing with a child (maybe I am). The OP said that he doesn't mind walking and it won't take him that long. I merely stated that another benefit of walking is that he is less likely to catch swine flu since it's likely that there will be lots of people within close proximity on a bus. If you didn't agree with what I said you could have simply ignored it since this is not the topic of discussion for this thread.

No, I'm not. But it looks as though as you are considering the amount of time you must have spent typing all that nonsense. Now, please stop spamming and focus on the OP's question.

I was replying to you ******** post. I could have, I chose not to, because I felt it was stupid, and I wrote why, something you have failed to do.

ReputationRep:
    I was replying to you ******** post. I could have, I chose not to, because I felt it was stupid, and I wrote why, something you have failed to do.
    Your post was stupid because those measures that you listed were rather extreme. Happy?

ReputationRep:
    sounds to me like you should just bike it?
    £50 for a second hand bike that no one is ever going to think about stealing.
    Cheap, quick and healthy
    If not then defintitely walk. Nice thinking time to start the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    Your post was stupid because those measures that you listed were rather extreme. Happy?

nope because how extreme they are doesn't refute my point

ReputationRep:
    walk...save the bus for rainy days... like today!

ReputationRep:
    nope because how extreme they are doesn't refute my point
    but it does show how childish you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    but it does show how childish you are.
    Could you give me an exact level of how childish I am on a scale with by each category of childishness a full description of what that level entails please?

ReputationRep:
    Could you give me an exact level of how childish I am on a scale with by each category of childishness a full description of what that level entails please?
    No. I will simply ignore your posts from now on as you've clearly run out of arguments plus I don't want to carry on spamming.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.