Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody
    over the last year we have been doing 2 internal assessments but we had absolutely no clue about how to write them, i got all the maths but apparently i was missing something since i got 12 out of 20 in both the internals... Have your teachers ever given you any kind of advice?
    Any help will be useful)))

ReputationRep:
    Well what my teacher was that it's not enough to write it out in a "answer-the-question" kind of format; it's gotta be a report, all flowing and stuff, with explanations and all. Think of a science lab report, but for math... sort of like that.

ReputationRep:
    Use the right vernacular (e.g. "we have that" "therefore" "given that" etc.). It has to be clearly explained - accessible to anyone your age who hasn't studied the topic. Don't approach it in a linear, question 1 - question 2 - question 3 sort of way; make sure you explain each step and introduce each new aspect of the investigation.

ReputationRep:
    The correct method of laying out maths:

Proposition
    (lemmas if applicable)
    Proof
    Corollary

etc

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.