Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: what would be your reaction if a guy played this trick on you? watch

• View Poll Results: Following the situation described in this thread, what would you do and think?
    Completely unacceptable - he must be actually insane. Throw him out and never see him again
    9.88%
    Ignore him for a week or so, but probably want to have him back really, if he apologised
    17.44%
    Be annoyed by it, but still stay hanging out with him that day.
    27.91%
    Think "omg lulz, I got pwned fair and square", and give him a high-five
    12.21%
    I AM MALE: and I reckon it could be pretty hilarious to do this
    11.63%
    I AM MALE: and it's really ******* awful, can't imagine why anyone would do it
    14.53%
    None of the above are close enough to my answer/voting is fun
    6.40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    In fairness, if it was april fools day I woudn't have believed it for a second anyway!! Stupid girl... lol

Seriously though, so you not think it's a bit of a waste of time?
    waste of time? What else would we do during that time? ****, I guess. But we can do that later.

heh, she didn't realise it was April 1st - I started it as soon as we woke up that morning, so she wouldn't have a chance to think of it. I kind of knew it would be a bad idea, considering her particular temperament, but it was April Fool's day and I knew I had no choice.

ReputationRep:
    I will test today!!!

ReputationRep:
    its only a joke, tbh its a pretty big joke, funny though at the same time. proberly won of those story's he would have endless lolz with his mates about?

ReputationRep:
    I'd make him cry

I'd go mental at him and warn him about skating on thin ice. Make him sweat for a bit before getting my own back on him.

I sound like a right ***** xD

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't stick around. I couldn't date anyone that childish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    I wouldn't stick around. I couldn't date anyone that childish.
    I've never heard of children engaging in such pranks...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    I've never heard of children engaging in such pranks...?
    But I can't imagine anyone over 20 playing this 'prank', unless they were annoyingly childish.

ReputationRep:
    Any time other than April fools day, he'd be gone from my life < 5 minutes after saying he hadn't fully broken up with his ex (no discussion!).

The other stuff would depend...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how it is remotely funny or why you would even joke about it so I would be v cross. Especially as they probably wouldn't find it funny if the same prank was played on them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My immediate reaction? Violence.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of verbal abuse may be sent in his direction, followed by my/their departure.

ReputationRep:
    havent done exactly that but i did convince my boss i had three children!

ReputationRep:
    Twice (I've only known two girls).

The first time was short, like 10 or 15 minutes, and I said I had a son. When I told her I was joking, she got angry and try to hurt me a bit, but calmed down in a minute and then we just carried on as before.

The second time was long, about an hour, and far more involved. It was also April Fool's day

She hit me and threw me out and said she never wanted to hear from me again. We made up, kind of, a week later, but in the mean time she had told all her friends and family what a complete ******* I was, so the fallout from it actually meant that our friendship was poisoned and dieing, and we faded out from seeing each other.

The funny thing here is that she said, while the joke was still going on, that if I sorted things out with the other girl then we could still be together. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted it was a joke :rolleyes:

I find it really funny, I have to say.
    Tbh, you sound like a ****. And there's probably a reason for that bit in bold.

I did this once on april fools day. Except I took it one step further: I told her I brought the kid along to meet her. It was my best friend in a diaper and bonnet, carrying a baby bottle. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably call him a ******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoggster=))
    Tbh, you sound like a ****. And there's probably a reason for that bit in bold.
    There's a reason for everything. If you're suggesting that it's because I pay these pranks, then that doesn't make sense. That's why I'm not with anyone any more, but it's not why I haven't met more girls (since I don't upset them until we know each other well enough). There's plenty of other reasons why I don't meet girls :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There's a reason for everything. If you're suggesting that it's because I pay these pranks, then that doesn't make sense. That's why I'm not with anyone any more, but it's not why I haven't met more girls (since I don't upset them until we know each other well enough). There's plenty of other reasons why I don't meet girls :cool:
    One being that you're a ****?

Seriously dude, why do that? You've just said yourself that the relationships ended because of these tricks that you find so hilarious. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. Or, preferably, grow up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    that baby one happened to me on april fools =(

ReputationRep:
    I always play those tricks on guys on April Fools Day!

So far have used pregnant, dropping out of uni, and that girl you cheated on me with has emailed me

I usually only let them stew for 10 mins though. It's fun! Don't take it seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I choose 'Think "omg lulz, I got pwned fair and square", and give him a high-five' but actually I would shout ''Omg you ****! I though you were serious, you well scared me then'' *do my cute sad face*. Then he would be like ''awww dont be sillyyy'' then Id jump on him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.