Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Do You Guys Think Of Giggs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the record I'm talking about the peckham rapper not ryan giggs the man utd winger. The guy is huge at the moment and has got huge success with no major radio play or even play on mtv base and Channel U. I never used to like him but got addicted to "talkin the hardest" and the "look out" song he did with skeppy.

Basically do you think he is

a) A talented rapper who uses his unique slow flow to give a gritty and uncompromising depiction of the situation in inner london

b) a ****** rapper who only knows how to spit hype tunes whose flow is not unique but just ****** and lazy and is just successful cos he is "real"

or c) giggz is ard! i rep narm to fullest! PYG all day dun kno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    For the record I'm talking about the peckham rapper not ryan giggs the man utd winger. The guy is huge at the moment and has got huge success with no major radio play or even play on mtv base and Channel U. I never used to like him but got addicted to "talkin the hardest" and the "look out" song he did with skeppy.

Basically do you think he is

a) A talented rapper who uses his unique slow flow to give a gritty and uncompromising depiction of the situation in inner london

b) a ****** rapper who only knows how to spit hype tunes whose flow is not unique but just ****** and lazy and is just successful cos he is real

or c) giggz is ard! i rep narm to fullest! PYG all day dun kno
    how did i know u made this as soon as i saw it. LOL man i searched peckham on this and i found a Giggz thread finally. But i dnt think no1 knowz him fam on here..

Bare neeks...

ReputationRep:
    I love Talking The Hardest! I'm not a big fan of grime anymore, it was way better back in 2005/6, the Boy In The Corner days and Lord Of The Mics. But yeah Giggs is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I've had to hear my brother blast his music from his room for a year or so now. So I absolutely hate it. I was shocked to find XL had signed him.

Jheez!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I think this was the first thread i ever made on TSR. Glad to see its finally taking off. I'm actually excited for when his first studio album drops, the guy is so gutter and hes grown on me in the last few months.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's one of Man Utd's best players in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I love Talking The Hardest! I'm not a big fan of grime anymore, it was way better back in 2005/6, the Boy In The Corner days and Lord Of The Mics. But yeah Giggs is awesome!
    Giggz isn't Grime, he's UK-HH

I rate him very highly, he has a unique flow and is making big moves towards success, which he deserves.

I personally wouldn't buy any of his music, as I don't really touch UK-HH but can't deny man's talent.

Tinie Tempah seems to be getting alot of the UK spotlight ATM but Giggz offers something different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I think he's one of Man Utd's best players in recent years.
    I guess someone had to say it:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL my mum and his mum are best friends. I see him every saturday outside MCD's. I like the fact that he still seems normal whereas all the other musicians move to Kent etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk007_644)
    LOL my mum and his mum are best friends. I see him every saturday outside MCD's. I like the fact that he still seems normal whereas all the other musicians move to Kent etc.
    LOLed at Kent

ReputationRep:
    OK so I just watched the session he did on Radio 1 last night. I still don't get the hype or why XL has decided to release his album. He just lacks something... charisma? He just showed no emotion and seemed bored to be honest. I guess he's just not for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    OK so I just watched the session he did on Radio 1 last night. I still don't get the hype or why XL has decided to release his album. He just lacks something... charisma? He just showed no emotion and seemed bored to be honest. I guess he's just not for me.
    I think they see him as the birth of UK-HH

Like in the 1980s/1990s, US-HH started to take off when people gave the underground a chance, people like Giggs, but society doesn't want to accept him, which relates to the US.

If Giggs succeeds it will be massive for UK urban music as a whole!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk007_644)
    I like him in general for staying true to his roots and not selling out despite getting signed. But big up XL for not trying to mess with his material too much.

People misunderstand the UK urban scene, like his interview with the Guardian shows, he's actually just a normal guy who does what it takes to get by.

I'm not a massive fan of his music TBF though, but I would love to see him succeed!

ReputationRep:
    hes aite, nuffin special, but well respected.

ReputationRep:
    The spelling on this thread is astounding.

I thought you had either spelled "gigs" wrong, or were talking about Man Utd. My bad. :p:

ReputationRep:
    He's hard, his voice is sooo low that my sub plays some of it! Much better than them silly grime artists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    He's hard, his voice is sooo low that my sub plays some of it! Much better than them silly grime artists.
    Alot of dubstep originates from Grime production...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Alot of dubstep originates from Grime production...
    I know, I just think that grime is dead. And it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    I know, I just think that grime is dead. And it is.
    CBA to argue with that coz we'll be here all night...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.