Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does a return last?? + minor rep lol. Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    how long does a standard return train ticket last for? is it like a week or something? a link to where it tells me on the national rail site would be dandy too.

<3

tar.

ReputationRep:
    1 month

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/...etTypeCode=SOR

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...ket_types.html

ReputationRep:
    You can get one that is open-ended for 1 month. But you have to make sure you ask for it/order it. If you just ask for a return, it's likely to be same day only.

ReputationRep:
    If it's an orange and white ticket it might say on the ticket 'Valid until:...'. There's your answer. Though I would have thought if you asked for a return to wherever, it would be valid for that day only.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rushhour72)
    1 month

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/...etTypeCode=SOR
    is thats a standard return? like if i just went on the machine (its a small station) and got a return (not open return coz that costs more?) it would last a month for sure? sorry for the looooongness but just dont wana **** up lol

ReputationRep:
    I think if you buy a standard return it will be same day only, you have to ask for an open return which lasts 1 month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    is thats a standard return? like if i just went on the machine (its a small station) and got a return (not open return coz that costs more?) it would last a month for sure? sorry for the looooongness but just dont wana **** up lol
    im sure, i buy the same ticket from reading to london a lot of times, just ask for an anytime return ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    I think if you buy a standard return it will be same day only, you have to ask for an open return which lasts 1 month.
    no thats same day return isnt it? anytime return is 30 days

ReputationRep:
    No. At a machine, a standard return is SAME DAY. If you want to leave the return open for a month, you have to select open return. And yes, it will cost a little bit more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rushhour72)
    no thats same day return isnt it? anytime return is 30 days
    Anytime return means you can use it at peak times and off-peak times, not that its a 30 day ticket, I'm pretty sure of that. Anytime outward returns can be used for 5 days I think.

ReputationRep:
    I would have assumed it was a day return.

ReputationRep:
    You've just said that an open return costs more. What would be the point of paying more if a standard return could be used for a month?

Use a bit of common sense.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I just checked online and an off peak or anyday return both last for 1 month.

the difference comes in how long after purchase you have to go on the out journey. (5 days with anytime, same day with off peak)

thanks for the help loves.

ReputationRep:
    so...wheres the rep you promised?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    You've just said that an open return costs more. What would be the point of paying more if a standard return could be used for a month?

Use a bit of common sense.
    read what it says again. i didnt say i planned to use it i was illustrating the type i was asking about.

use your eyes?

lol. cya

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.