Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you explain what your on about because I don't understand after reading this through about 5 times.

He sent you an email clarifying what? and is doing what? explain it in idiot language please

But anyway, if it sounds like I think it sounds like, it is illegal, as it's harassment. My ex was a ******* stalker, when I went out with the person after her, she kept sending me texts and blackmailing my GF, telling her to back off. She even came to my house, which caused a normal bloke to shout and scream at her and her clueless mother. My point is, one more attempt of contact after that and I would have been to the police. If he's on at you, get the police involved.

ReputationRep:
    i feel so sorry for you ! If i was you i would tell one of my male friends what he had done! Although you may not be able to do this, but you need to do something he is disgusting !
    I would fone the police and get their edvise blackmail is 100% illegal. Not taking action and just threatening him or blackmailing him in return will not get your picture deleted! He may then use it another time when he wants somthing from you. He will just get a warning from the police, if he has not been in trouble before, but he will have to distroy the picture and leave you alone for good.
    let us know what happens and what you decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    jus cos u put the pic in ya recycle bin dont mean there gone forever if you look threw all the files or type the name of pic into search there might still be another copy of it somewhere. I dont study anything to do with computers but someone who does might no how to locate the file. When the police seise a computer they get back things that were deleted so you must be able to do it somehow. If you find the pic blackmail him back that if he sends urs you will send his.

(Original post by rachael-69)
    jus cos u put the pic in ya recycle bin dont mean there gone forever if you look threw all the files or type the name of pic into search there might still be another copy of it somewhere. I dont study anything to do with computers but someone who does might no how to locate the file. When the police seise a computer they get back things that were deleted so you must be able to do it somehow. If you find the pic blackmail him back that if he sends urs you will send his.
    I still have the photo - but so does he

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    However, he's using the excuse I spread rumours about him - which isn't true, I told two people my side of the story and they misconstrued it.

He's basically wanting them to know my side of the story, and will supposedly forward my account of what happened (which I doubt - I think he'll edit it) or he'll send around this naked email.
    A long shot, but maybe reason with him?

Say to him that if he sends around a naked picture of you, people will think even less of him than they do now. Say you are happy to correct those that are wrong, but you won't lie about what happened either.

I think this is more of a threat than anything else. He's clearly someone who cares a lot what people think to go to all this trouble, so I doubt he'd bother doing something which made him look like a prize pr!ck.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as per earlier poster tell him you will bring those photos to the police as being distributed by him and say they were from before the age of 18. then, give him a BJ and bite his penis off. he obviously doesnt need it.

(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    A long shot, but maybe reason with him?

Say to him that if he sends around a naked picture of you, people will think even less of him than they do now. Say you are happy to correct those that are wrong, but you won't lie about what happened either.

I think this is more of a threat than anything else. He's clearly someone who cares a lot what people think to go to all this trouble, so I doubt he'd bother doing something which made him look like a prize pr!ck.
    I've tried this. But he's now saying he deleted the email as soon as he got it, and lied again that he still had it to force me to admit I wrote it - a tactic to show me badly to others.

It's a massive MESS.

ReputationRep:
    Another dumb teenage female who thought that she had found "the one" or the "love of her life" etc. :rolleyes:

Why did you send him such an email? Sure, he is a complete freak but if you had been more sensible, this would not have happened.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried this. But he's now saying he deleted the email as soon as he got it, and lied again that he still had it to force me to admit I wrote it - a tactic to show me badly to others.

It's a massive MESS.
    You should write an email to everyone on the list (if you can see them?) saying you're sorry they've all got involved in this private matter and you're embarrassed it's become such a pathetic situation but you're not doing whatever he says just because he's blackmailing you. Then tell him you never want to speak to him again.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you as the photographer own copyright of the photo, so he has no right to distribute it.

ReputationRep:
    Call the police. This is definitely a criminal offence.

ReputationRep:
    Would that work?

It sounds like something I should only do in an extreme case though.
    Well if you put the pic on TSR then he can't blackmail you anymore :p:

Seriously the guy is a **** and I don't see why you should go easy on him; it's not like he is going easy on you. Remember you have done nothing wrong, you sent an email with a kinky picture which may be naive but it's not spiteful, it doesn't hurt anyone (except maybe you) and it's not illegal. Blackmail on the otherhand is all of those things!

ReputationRep:
    I still have the photo - but so does he

NO I MEAN THE NAKED PIC HE SENT YOU OF HIM IF YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO TRACE IT ON DA PC EVEN IF DELETED BE IN A BACK UP FILE SOMEWHERE PROB THEN YOU COULD SAY TO HIM IF YOU SHOW PEOPLE MY PIC THEN ILL SHOW PPL THE ONE OF YOU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonhummus)
    Got any good male friends? Tell them what's going on and they'll beat the **** out of him.
    This.

Tell him you're feeling concerned about being threatened and blackmailed and you have consulted your Uni/school support services and they have recommended getting the Police involved.

Also, why the **** would your friends waht to know what happened in your relationship anyway? This guy seems pathetic :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Go over to his house all teary-eyes, when his parents are there, and tell them the situation - they will **** him up more than you ever could.

ReputationRep:
    it is illigal for him to hold a picture of you agenst your will, that alone is grounds for police intervention, blackmail is illigal aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I read this thing in a magazine saying sexting and sexy-emails are legal but only between the two people. It will be illegal for him to pass it on. If you have proof in an e-mail saying you do not want anyone but him seeing the picture, he can get sentenced if he passes it on.

ReputationRep:
    Some practical solutions: if you're at the same school or uni, you could consider reporting him to the dean/headteacher, and if he does circulate the photo, you can tell everyone it's Photoshopped - your head on someone else's body. More than one Hollywood starlet has used this excuse when dodgy photos of them surfaced!

What I really want to say though, is cut all contact with your ex immediately and don't engage with this behaviour, let alone give in to it. We're all naked under our clothes and we're all sexual beings - there are worse things than people seeing a naughty picture of you or filthy things you may have written in an email. Think of the appalling scandals that famous people go through thanks to the great British tabloid press, and how they bounce back from them. Remember Prince Charles saying he wanted to be reincarnated as Camilla's tampon?! Anything your boyfriend sends out will reflect worse on him than on you (I doubt any of your mutual friends give a crap what "really happened" between you, haven't they got their own problems to worry about?) and deep down he knows this - so he's unlikely to go through with his threats anyway.

Stay cool. You will not be worried about this 5 years from now.

How is it illegal op? im doing it myself to a girl aswell

ReputationRep:
    How is it illegal op? im doing it myself to a girl aswell
    You are sick.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.