Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was just allocated to the Hampstead residence in a flat double room (couples accommodation). I would like to know if there is anyone who has pictures of this kind of room? I asked to take a look at one of them (there is 2 rooms like that) when I was visiting the UK but the person I spoke to said that that would not be possible, as somebody was living there. Also, any ideas how big it is? How many desks (I would assume 2 but I guess it is worth asking)? Any other general impressions? Parking?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms Perfection)
    Hello,

I was just allocated to the Hampstead residence in a flat double room (couples accommodation). I would like to know if there is anyone who has pictures of this kind of room? I asked to take a look at one of them (there is 2 rooms like that) when I was visiting the UK but the person I spoke to said that that would not be possible, as somebody was living there. Also, any ideas how big it is? How many desks (I would assume 2 but I guess it is worth asking)? Any other general impressions? Parking?

Thank you!
    Can't answer your questions about the room as I've never seen one, but if they're at all similar to the twin rooms then yes, they have two desks.

Parking - no chance. It's London! Halls residents are not allowed to apply for residents' parking permits for the road. Without one you can park in the evening for free but during the day for two hours only on a meter. A couple of times my boyfriend came to visit and brought the car but he had to get up really early and go and keep moving it. Just don't bother bringing a car to London.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, certainly very helpful! I now parking is tough in London, but was hoping that Camden being up north will be a little better. My boyfriend will be going to Brunel and I to KCL, so we figured it may be cheaper for him to actually drive to Uxbridge. The women at the residence hall said that we need to apply for parking permit but she said students are not encouraged to bring a car. How long does it take to Uxbride with the public transport?
    Thanks again!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.