Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the point in living? I mean, life is mainly work till you're are 65 and then you die. Then about three or four generations later you are forgotten. I don't mean what is the meaning of life, I know what that is already. Meaning of life = nothing, there is no meaning or special purpose as to why we are here. What I mean is, what is the point in being alive itself? What's the point? Life is silly and then you die. Life is tough and you just struggle through it to die in the end.

If I could take a pill that would send me to sleep (death) painlessly, in a way, I might consider taking it.

PS: I'm not suicidal just wondering what is the point.

ReputationRep:
    That's worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    That's worrying.
    NO IT AINT

HE HAS A POINT

ReputationRep:
    I used to have the same of thoughts as you,but you know since everyone has a life once,why not make it better than anyone else?That is what life going to be!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    That's worrying.

No, its just that if you think about it objectively, there is no point really. You live, you die and (unless you do something amazing to change the world etc) you are forgotten. If humans didn't exist what difference would it make? None really, apart from an empty planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)
    What is the point in living? I mean, life is mainly work till you're are 65 and then you die. Then about three or four generations later you are forgotten. I don't mean what is the meaning of life, I know what that is already. Meaning of life = nothing, there is no meaning or special purpose as to why we are here. What I mean is, what is the point in being alive itself? What's the point? Life is a ***** and then you die. Life is tough and you just struggle through it to die in the end.

If I could take a pill that would send me to sleep (death) painlessly, in a way, I might consider taking it.

You need to find yourself a Fine girl..thats what lifes about. :

ReputationRep:
    Why do people care for the meaning of life? My philosophy is don't question why I'm here but instead just accept I'm here and I'm going to make the most of it. But if I wanted an answer I would say my life was about making a positive impact on others' lives. If that won't do for you, the answer is 42.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)
    No, its just that if you think about it objectively, there is no point really. You live, you die and (unless you do something amazing to change the world etc) you are forgotten. If humans didn't exist what difference would it make? None really, apart from an empty planet.
    Watch 'Life Is Beautiful'. Tis a wonderful film.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know we're not put here for a reason? Could be for good or bad.

You can die painlessly if you wanted, but don't want to give people ideas so won't go into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIG_MASKALL)
    YES, SOMETHING THAT MR GOON FACE WOULDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.
    Don't be so hard on yourself!

ReputationRep:
    YES, SOMETHING THAT MR GOON FACE WOULDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.
    Isnt amazing how in the 4 or so posts that uve offended me, or tried to anyway, uve referred to my avatar..can i see a pic of you?

ReputationRep:
    NO IT AINT

HE HAS A POINT
    Agreed. I had very similar opinions earlier this year, just thinking what the point in it is all at the end of the day. And that homeless people or those in "inferior" jobs are often more content and happy in life than millionaires who've worked so hard for success. This term I haven't thought about the long-term futility and just wanted to make the most of the present. With relative success... lost in yesterday's union election tho!

ReputationRep:
    go check out my online journal at www.morenhoven.com/ukdecay a couple of posts down there's an entry where i discuss the meaning of life, jus something to read i dont expect people to agree with me or even look at the page. whatever lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)
    What is the point in living? I mean, life is mainly work till you're are 65 and then you die. Then about three or four generations later you are forgotten. I don't mean what is the meaning of life, I know what that is already. Meaning of life = nothing, there is no meaning or special purpose as to why we are here. What I mean is, what is the point in being alive itself? What's the point? Life is silly and then you die. Life is tough and you just struggle through it to die in the end.

I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I agree.
    :rolleyes: See my first post above. Suicidal numbskulls, glad I ain't one of those anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    :rolleyes: See my first post above. Suicidal numbskulls, glad I ain't one of those anymore
    Bless you. You certainly have made a positive impact on my life

ReputationRep:
    Bless you. You certainly have made a positive impact on my life
    I live to give. Thanks and you're welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I live to give. Thanks and you're welcome!
    You certainly do give don't you Lol. Goodnight!!!

ReputationRep:
    You certainly do give don't you Lol. Goodnight!!!
    Oh hell yes my darling... goodnight? Without moi?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)

to make us suffer.We are in hell.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.