Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Haven't you heard this argument? It works with almost any religion (including for a moment Athism). When you are dead it is supposed to be eternal bliss (or absolute agony) or non-sensual existance or total non-existance. Therfore the only sign we have that we are still alive is the pain we feel day to day. The heat, the cold, the pressure on our bodies, the tastes in the air. The mix of positive and negative stimuli are the only thing that let us know we arn't in some heaven or hell (or ceased to exist).

I ain't so good at these arguments, but like this one.
    Well we don't know what to feel when we die though. Like a foetus in teh womb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Well we don't know what to feel when we die though. Like a foetus in teh womb.
    Go with what you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)
    What is the point in living? I mean, life is mainly work till you're are 65 and then you die. Then about three or four generations later you are forgotten. I don't mean what is the meaning of life, I know what that is already. Meaning of life = nothing, there is no meaning or special purpose as to why we are here. What I mean is, what is the point in being alive itself? What's the point? Life is silly and then you die. Life is tough and you just struggle through it to die in the end.

If I could take a pill that would send me to sleep (death) painlessly, in a way, I might consider taking it.

PS: I'm not suicidal just wondering what is the point.
    i think the same way way...i think about it sooooooo much and it still remains a mystery to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus)
    What is the point in living? I mean, life is mainly work till you're are 65 and then you die. Then about three or four generations later you are forgotten. I don't mean what is the meaning of life, I know what that is already. Meaning of life = nothing, there is no meaning or special purpose as to why we are here. What I mean is, what is the point in being alive itself? What's the point? Life is silly and then you die. Life is tough and you just struggle through it to die in the end.

If I could take a pill that would send me to sleep (death) painlessly, in a way, I might consider taking it.

PS: I'm not suicidal just wondering what is the point.

The point of living= To spread the good news
    1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge. 2He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3"Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times."
    9Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.