Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need contract law please...

ReputationRep:
    You need it? What?

ReputationRep:
    It is not that, I want to have an idea of how to answer this question...I am really puzzled by it..

ReputationRep:
    I checked the site, the coursework question i typed in is not on there...I just need help on how to answer this specific questions...

ReputationRep:
    It would help if we knew what the questions were.. or atleast what the general topics are that you need to know about..

ReputationRep:
    Unfair contract terms act 1977 and the unfair terms in consurmer contract regulations 1999 no longer need to strain meaning of exemption clauses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Unfair contract terms act 1977 and the unfair terms in consurmer contract regulations 1999 no longer need to strain meaning of exemption clauses
    You need to be clearer about (a) what your question is (b) what you're puzzled by and (c) what your thinking is so far.

We're going to struggle if you simply post "I need contract law please" or "Unfair contract terms act 1977 and the unfair terms in consurmer contract regulations 1999 no longer need to strain meaning of exemption clauses"

ReputationRep:
    I need contract law too. I also need ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks)
    You need to be clearer about (a) what your question is (b) what you're puzzled by and (c) what your thinking is so far.

We're going to struggle if you simply post "I need contract law please" or "Unfair contract terms act 1977 and the unfair terms in consurmer contract regulations 1999 no longer need to strain meaning of exemption clauses"

I am unclear on how to answer the question. I need to know what I need to talk about.
    “Given the existence of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 there is no longer any need to strain the meaning of exemption clauses.”

Discuss the above statement.

Your answer should critically evaluate the scope and content of these statutory provisions and consider existing common law rules of incorporation and construction.

ReputationRep:
    Outline existing rules on incorporation and interpretation. Then identify and discuss common law cases where the courts sought to extend the rules on incorporation and interpretation eg Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking, McCucheon v MacBrayne and Andrews v Singer cars. Consider whether such cases could now be adequately dealt with under UCTA and UTCCRs.

Consider any gaps left by the UCTA and UTCCRs eg business to business transactions are not covered by the regulations. Onerous terms as in Interfoto v Stilletto are not covered by UCTA nor are penalty clauses such as in Dunlop v New Garage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlet rose)
    Outline existing rules on incorporation and interpretation. Then identify and discuss common law cases where the courts sought to extend the rules on incorporation and interpretation eg Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking, McCucheon v MacBrayne and Andrews v Singer cars. Consider whether such cases could now be adequately dealt with under UCTA and UTCCRs.

Consider any gaps left by the UCTA and UTCCRs eg business to business transactions are not covered by the regulations. Onerous terms as in Interfoto v Stilletto are not covered by UCTA nor are penalty clauses such as in Dunlop v New Garage.
    Thanks you so much...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.