Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just a quick few questions:

how difficult is the LPC in relation to the final year of a degree?, is it much more difficult?, the idea of spending £15,000 on a one year course, only to fail is quite scary .

scondly, are there any distinguishable grades for the LPC or is just a pass grade awarded?.

will employers look at the grade achieved on the LPC or the llb degree when giving out contracts?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    just a quick few questions:

how difficult is the LPC in relation to the final year of a degree?, is it much more difficult?, the idea of spending £15,000 on a one year course, only to fail is quite scary .

scondly, are there any distinguishable grades for the LPC or is just a pass grade awarded?.

will employers look at the grade achieved on the LPC or the llb degree when giving out contracts?

thanks!

The grades are pass, merit and distinction (being the highest).

Most people apply for TCs 2 years in advance therefore they have not done their LPC... so im guessing firms look at a levels, degree grades and other factors rather than LPC grades.

Im not 100% as have not started my LPC yet but have to agree with you it costs a fortune and im having trouble with funding it.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Charli's right. I'm starting mine at BPP Law School - Holborn in September. I'd love to get together with some of you guys for a drink or something. Anyone else starting at BPP Holborn this year? I've just paid £6508 (as requested by 3rd August) today. It's so daunting being in debt and that's just half of it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.