Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if there were any students who took Art in secondary school or who painted or drew, and hope to keep this up while at St. Andrews. At the open day I heard from the Art History professor that there are such students but I'm wondering; how many are on TSR?

I thought it might be nice if we could form a small support group, make sure that we don't stop working just because we can't take Art classes at university.

ReputationRep:
    There is an art society, although that page is somewhat uninformative - you could email them and ask for more information, or wait until the societies fayre at the end of freshers week.

I did art & design at school, and tend to catch up with my jewellery making in the holidays, but I've not yet had enough floorspace or time at uni to spend time doing it there. I am also too lazy to hunt down materials that I like, and I imagine that my current interest to start playing with soldering irons will not be approved of in university-managed property

Alas, I am not amazing at drawing and prefer to attack things with pliers. But if there are other people on here who are interested in what you suggested, then I'm happy to adopt the role of 'freak in the corner'. It would be nice to have some encouragement to spend time being more creative.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm somehow on the mailing list for the art society and although it isn't really my thing, they seem to be pretty active and do a lot of stuff

ReputationRep:
    i would be really interested in pursuing art when i start st andrews in Sept. I studied it for advanced higher and i think i'll really miss it if i don't continue with it...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.