Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering, what sort of clothes do people wear to clubs at uni, particularly exeter?

I know this is a wierd Q and answer may seem obvious, but i've only been clubbing a few times, starting uni in sept, and the clubs i've been to are sooooo chavy and feel a bit like i stick out like a sore thumb in skinny jeans or dresses which cover my bum and boobs as most of the other girls wore things i would die before leaving the house in.

anyway any help/tips/examples would be really appreciated,

i'm 18, size 8, if that has any bearing on advice,

thank u!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * Brooke *)
    Hi, just wondering, what sort of clothes do people wear to clubs at uni, particularly exeter?

I know this is a wierd Q and answer may seem obvious, but i've only been clubbing a few times, starting uni in sept, and the clubs i've been to are sooooo chavy and feel a bit like i stick out like a sore thumb in skinny jeans or dresses which cover my bum and boobs as most of the other girls wore things i would die before leaving the house in.

anyway any help/tips/examples would be really appreciated,

i'm 18, size 8, if that has any bearing on advice,

thank u!
    x
    My advice would be just to wear what you feel comfortable in, otherwise you'll feel self-conscious and it will ruin your night.

ReputationRep:
    short skirt, no knickers, and a vest covering your bra :awesome:
    just wear what makes you feel attractive

ReputationRep:
    say i feel self-conscious everywhere all the time anyway, unavoidable fact, anything to marginally reduce ridiculously high levels of uncomfortability?

like whats like the normal clubbing outfit?

sorry to be awkward

ReputationRep:
    Please don't wear the normal 'clubbing' outfit. I usually wear dresses and plimsolls, the occasional skinnies. But I've been out before in things I felt really uncomfortable in before and trust me it was not fun. Just stick to the style you wear in the day, it doesn't have to completely change. And looking at some of the girls, well most of them, they look soo unattractive in what they're wearing I would in no way aspire to look like them.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, exeter uni is generally very unchavvy. I wish I were going there... I'm going to Liverpool and now very scared about the chavviness.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just wear jeans, nice heels, and a low cut top (I have great breasts, and tend to wear almost-as-low-tops in normal living).

You don't need to get all glammed up if you don't want to do that. Try doing something a bit different with your hair/make-up.

ReputationRep:
    if everyone wears something revealing wouldnt you want to not wear something revealing i think the guys would notice you more if that makes sense and id say where a short ish dress but covers your top half and if you think its too short wear leggings with them and not too high heels

ReputationRep:
    people wear absolutely anything normally girls wear dresses and heels

but ive seen plenty in jeans and theres always quite a few people in fancy dress :yes:

just wear waht youre comfortable in and once you get here and find some friends half the fun of a night out is deciding what to wear

*weekends in exeter are a different story and full of locals which is more chavvy and usually avoided by students

ReputationRep:
    *cough* london's more fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I just wear jeans, nice heels, and a low cut top (I have great breasts, and tend to wear almost-as-low-tops in normal living).

You don't need to get all glammed up if you don't want to do that. Try doing something a bit different with your hair/make-up.
    Hi Jess.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    Hi Jess.
    OK now I'm scared :p:

Wait, I've just realised my name is actually in my profile...

ReputationRep:
    This is kinda unrelated, but girls what do you do with your bags during clubbing?

I hate leaving it alone at the side but at the same time, I hate dancing with a cross-over/shoulder bag.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls wear very revealing clothes, some (I would say half and half) wear clothes like you described - skinny jeans, dresses, etc.

You won't stand out at all, from my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0_YouKnowIt)
    This is kinda unrelated, but girls what do you do with your bags during clubbing?

I hate leaving it alone at the side but at the same time, I hate dancing with a cross-over/shoulder bag.
    I shove as much as I can in my bra lol or down leg warmers/socks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    I shove as much as I can in my bra lol or down leg warmers/socks
    Seriously?!
    I'll pass on that thanks!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0_YouKnowIt)
    Seriously?!
    I'll pass on that thanks!:p:
    Haha yup, I've put money and ID there a few times. I really hate taking bags but most times I have no choice. I can't shove keys, phones, make up and everything down there lol

ReputationRep:
    I tend to wear skinnies and heels, or a dress or skirt with heels. Always take a canvas bag with a coat/scarf, umbrella, my keys and a pair of flats to put into the cloakroom =]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Ice_Queen]I just wear jeans, nice heels, and a low cut top (I have great breasts, and tend to wear almost-as-low-tops in normal living).

Now you are a girl after my own heart, i do exactly the same, my legs are crap, but i have great boobs, i'm glad someone else out there is honest and brave enough to admit that they think their boobs are great (while trying not to sound big-headed), i thought we were a dying breed.

ReputationRep:
    A nice and simple dress would look good...or if you want to look more casual then skinny jeans and a dressy top would also look nice. However in my opinion i feel that it is necessary to wear heels when going to a club (but that may just be me.)
    Hope this helped..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.