Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Backcombed hair, fake tan and oversized sunglasses. You'll fit in a charm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    A nice and simple dress would look good...or if you want to look more casual then skinny jeans and a dressy top would also look nice. However in my opinion i feel that it is necessary to wear heels when going to a club (but that may just be me.)
    Hope this helped..
    Eek I never wear heels, mainly because i'm 5'11". It's nice to occasionally (well....more than occasionally with the frequency that I go out!) be the same height as my girlfriends. And if I wear heels, I tend to be taller than half the guys which is a bit weird!

And on the 'what to wear' topic - look at 'going out dresses' sections on most online high street shops, find a dressy-dress and tone it down one level. That's what I usually go for. Or skirt + vest - invest in a really nice high waisted black one and/or a patterned one cos you can wear it with loads more tops, so you get your money's worth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kath...)
    Eek I never wear heels, mainly because i'm 5'11". It's nice to occasionally (well....more than occasionally with the frequency that I go out!) be the same height as my girlfriends. And if I wear heels, I tend to be taller than half the guys which is a bit weird!

And on the 'what to wear' topic - look at 'going out dresses' sections on most online high street shops, find a dressy-dress and tone it down one level. That's what I usually go for. Or skirt + vest - invest in a really nice high waisted black one and/or a patterned one cos you can wear it with loads more tops, so you get your money's worth!
    Yeah i suppose there's no need for you to wear heels as you're already tall....I'm 5'6' so when i wear heels i am about 5'9 , which means you'd still be 2 inches taller than me when i was wearing heels...- you ever considered modelling??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Yeah i suppose there's no need for you to wear heels as you're already tall....I'm 5'6' so when i wear heels i am about 5'9 , which means you'd still be 2 inches taller than me when i was wearing heels...- you ever considered modelling??
    When I was younger and skinnier I was 'spotted' (haha what a stupid phrase). But I'd have to lose a couple of stone to look waif-like enough to do that now! I am fairly curvy, I take a size 10 most of the time and occasionally a 12 if Topshop is being annoying. I just don't know if I'd be any good to be honest!!

ReputationRep:
    I go to exeter and always wear a dress and heels out, without fail.

However i've seen people out in all sorts so wouldn;t worry too much, depends on where you're going out too! Just wear normal going out clothes that you'd usually wear clubbing x x x

ReputationRep:
    Wear what you feel comfortable in. Most people wear dresses or jeans and a smart top but you see people who are dressed more casually than that sometimes. Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    There's a great mix! But I've found it's always quite smart. Some girls go out quite glamorous in high heels, dresses (you know, the works).
    Others wear black/grey shorts and a nice top with heels/flats.
    Some just wear leggings and a casual sort of dress.

Whatever you feel comfortable in really!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.