Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Backcombed hair, fake tan and oversized sunglasses. You'll fit in a charm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    A nice and simple dress would look good...or if you want to look more casual then skinny jeans and a dressy top would also look nice. However in my opinion i feel that it is necessary to wear heels when going to a club (but that may just be me.)
    Hope this helped..
    Eek I never wear heels, mainly because i'm 5'11". It's nice to occasionally (well....more than occasionally with the frequency that I go out!) be the same height as my girlfriends. And if I wear heels, I tend to be taller than half the guys which is a bit weird!

And on the 'what to wear' topic - look at 'going out dresses' sections on most online high street shops, find a dressy-dress and tone it down one level. That's what I usually go for. Or skirt + vest - invest in a really nice high waisted black one and/or a patterned one cos you can wear it with loads more tops, so you get your money's worth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kath...)
    Eek I never wear heels, mainly because i'm 5'11". It's nice to occasionally (well....more than occasionally with the frequency that I go out!) be the same height as my girlfriends. And if I wear heels, I tend to be taller than half the guys which is a bit weird!

And on the 'what to wear' topic - look at 'going out dresses' sections on most online high street shops, find a dressy-dress and tone it down one level. That's what I usually go for. Or skirt + vest - invest in a really nice high waisted black one and/or a patterned one cos you can wear it with loads more tops, so you get your money's worth!
    Yeah i suppose there's no need for you to wear heels as you're already tall....I'm 5'6' so when i wear heels i am about 5'9 , which means you'd still be 2 inches taller than me when i was wearing heels...- you ever considered modelling??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Yeah i suppose there's no need for you to wear heels as you're already tall....I'm 5'6' so when i wear heels i am about 5'9 , which means you'd still be 2 inches taller than me when i was wearing heels...- you ever considered modelling??
    When I was younger and skinnier I was 'spotted' (haha what a stupid phrase). But I'd have to lose a couple of stone to look waif-like enough to do that now! I am fairly curvy, I take a size 10 most of the time and occasionally a 12 if Topshop is being annoying. I just don't know if I'd be any good to be honest!!

ReputationRep:
    I go to exeter and always wear a dress and heels out, without fail.

However i've seen people out in all sorts so wouldn;t worry too much, depends on where you're going out too! Just wear normal going out clothes that you'd usually wear clubbing x x x

ReputationRep:
    Wear what you feel comfortable in. Most people wear dresses or jeans and a smart top but you see people who are dressed more casually than that sometimes. Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    There's a great mix! But I've found it's always quite smart. Some girls go out quite glamorous in high heels, dresses (you know, the works).
    Others wear black/grey shorts and a nice top with heels/flats.
    Some just wear leggings and a casual sort of dress.

Whatever you feel comfortable in really!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.