Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Wow, I'm surprised :eek: DO you avoid the obvious places where people will ask for your number?
    No, I go to clubs/pubs and do tend to get chatted up quite a lot but they never ask for my number. It's fine though; people in those places are never "relationship material" anyway, and I'm not really into casual stuff.

ReputationRep:
    If ever, it will be by gross gangster wannabe Indian boys. Lucky me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Not very often at all.
    well i can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KardKaper)
    Hey ladies.

The question is simple.

How often do you get asked for your phone number by randomers?

Once a day? Once a week? Month? Ever?!?!?!?

Answer truthfully please.

EDIT: In fact, not just phone numbers. Emails as well.
    rarely. But then again I come from a country full of incompetent males xD

ReputationRep:
    tell them ur gay, thats what i do:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Like never!!! But, I don't give my number to strangers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    what if you're in a coffee shop and you're talking to some guy who seems interesting, decent looking and he asks if you can see each other again sometime.
    i suppose by then he's not a stranger :p:
    damn you! you have a point there lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Normally if I'm shopping at least once, but i hate it!
    It is so embarrasing, sometimes it is quite intimidating too if you are on your own. Once I gave a guy a number after a lot of pestering, I had used my number and changed the last few digits. He then found me in another shop later asking why I gave the wrong number and he got quite mad, he then kept asking for my real number until his friend said "Mate, I doubt she is going to give it to you"

EDIT: I guess he tried to ring the number and it didn't exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I've been asked a grand total of zero in my entire lifetime to date. Woohoo.

EDIT: In fairness, I don't blame them. Although I was at an event last week, and walked past two guys, who said to each other something along the lines of "she's hot", "he who dares, wins, man". I almost fell over in disbelief, let me tell you. Crazy times. I was probably mistaken, anyway.
    Don't come across me, or any of my black friends, or my best friend for that matter. They will all move straight in for the kill on you.

ReputationRep:
    And as for you girls who claim you don't give your number to strangers. You are easier to get a number off than you think. If a guy plays his crads really right, he can actually pull a girl in 3 minutes. And don't say its bull or she's a slut, because I've seen it happen a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    And as for you girls who claim you don't give your number to strangers. You are easier to get a number off than you think. If a guy plays his crads really right, he can actually pull a girl in 3 minutes. And don't say its bull or she's a slut, because I've seen it happen a lot.
    Depends who the girl is

ReputationRep:
    Don't give your number out kiddies (to strangers)
    This is what happens
    He call's you
    you go for drinks
    you become an item
    you break up
    and then you make another thread on TSR complaining about him
    so do not do it kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Don't come across me, or any of my black friends, or my best friend for that matter. They will all move straight in for the kill on you.
    Nah, it's not like that. It was a bit of a penis-fest anyway, with very few girls around.

The PUA stuff you're talking about doesn't really work on people who have read (and watched) things about it, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Nah, it's not like that. It was a bit of a penis-fest anyway, with very few girls around.

The PUA stuff you're talking about doesn't really work on people who have read (and watched) things about it, anyway.
    You'd be surprised. Of course some idiot who tries to pull off the game's tricks will (and should!) fail.

But others who are just being themselves (which is just confident laid back guy) do pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    I do occasionally. I'm a poor liar in such situations when I don't want to give it out.

The amount of times I have said "Sorry I have a girlfriend.. WAIT I mean a boyfriend.. Sorry I have a boyfriend..". They don't buy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    If ever, it will be by gross gangster wannabe Indian boys. Lucky me
    Those gangster wannabes give Indian boys a bad rep. I'm nice, I promise :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Those gangster wannabes give Indian boys a bad rep. I'm nice, I promise :p:
    Lol I'm from East London, nice non gangstery Asian boys are few and far between.

You look a lot like a boy I went to college with. Very strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    nothing =) i jus said sorry and walked on he drove off after lol =)
    was he indian?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    was he indian?!!
    nope he was black , kinda fit actually lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    rarely. But then again I come from a country full of incompetent males xD
    I really hope u dont mean the states by that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.