Turn on thread page Beta

What can you tell about a girl who enjoyed the Twlight books watch

I haven't read the books myself and looking at information about it online, I really don't think I'd enjoy reading it.
    Anyway, this girl (20yo) I'm interested in liked the Twilight books. I'm in touch with her on facebook as a casual acquaintance but i don't know much else about her personality or what she likes.
    Obviously this is a very subjective thing and requires huge generalisations but what can you tell about a girl that reads these books in particular? Are there any common threads linking the huge number of girls that love the books?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh my sister is obsessed with those books. i can tell you about her she is weird annoying bratty stuck up herself selfish

ReputationRep:
    An inability to tell fiction from reality.

Pretty much sums it up.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to pull her, wear glitter make-up. She wants you to sparkle.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the books, they're nice to relax with, just one of those enjoyable quick reads you don't have to be on top form in terms of awareness to understand, unlike some more intellectual literature, so good when you're tired or relaxing on holiday. They also leave you with a nice warm, fuzzy feeling. It's not like all of us become obsessed with vampires after we read the books. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If she just enjoys it, fair enough. Everyone likes a bit of escapism.
    If she's one of those obsessive 'OMGZ I LUV EDWERDZZ!!11' or even tries to put up a defence for it being well written, there's no hope for her I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    I've read them, they r fine. very childish,

not much more literary merit than harry potter (in my opinion)

if she makes a big deal about them/that's her main topic of convo then maybe she should get out more.

plus they are quite loveydovey, if she talks about them probably hoping you are like one of the male characters, my two best friends are in love with the vampire one, personally don't see the attraction in a guy who feels like stone and stares at you whilst you sleep, but w/e floats your boat.

anyway yh, you could always read a synopsis so you have something to talk to her about

ReputationRep:
    i like twilight and im not obsessed with it as everyone thinks i should be because i've read it.
    just keep an eye out for things like her wanting you to sparkle, bite her, etc and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    SOME people can become so annoying after reading Twilight... they can become too obsessed with this book that IMHO has bland characters (including a 'clumsy' mary-sue), grammatical errors, an unimaginative storyline and sparkly, yes, SPARKLY vampires.
    Some people are okay, but unfortunately the number of hyper people that all of a sudden want to become vampires seems to be larger.

ReputationRep:
    She likes vampires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hathlan)
    HARRY POTTER. You DISSIN' HO? Harry Potter is only as deep as you are. :moon:

You know she ain't a pseudo-intellectual. No way would I be seen reading Twilight. My street cred would be ruined.

Word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    If she just enjoys it, fair enough. Everyone likes a bit of escapism.
    If she's one of those obsessive 'OMGZ I LUV EDWERDZZ!!11' or even tries to put up a defence for it being well written, there's no hope for her I'm afraid.
    What he said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    If she's one of those obsessive 'OMGZ I LUV EDWERDZZ!!11'
    What?! You mean there are girls out there that arn't like this?!

Hmmm, maybe I need to re-evaluate who I hang around with... :p:

ReputationRep:
    She may have unrealistic expectations of a man, if she cannot distinguish fiction from reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hathlan)
    HARRY POTTER. You DISSIN' HO? Harry Potter is only as deep as you are. :moon:

You know she ain't a pseudo-intellectual. No way would I be seen reading Twilight. My street cred would be ruined.

hey! i'm not saying harry potter's rubbish just that it's hardly a literary marvel. its a nice little story bout wizards and stuff but i'm just saying it's hardly stretching as a read. sorry i offended you

ReputationRep:
    I guess the key word is "liked", she could have simply liked it and come to her senses and liked it due to it being a fast read and easy enough to understand. Plus it was a good escape whenever you felt lazy or w/e.
    Personally I liked them but I didn't let it rule my life or made it the main topic of conversation. Unless she repeatedly refers to the books and has a fixation with the main character I'm sure she's a great person. So don't hold this against her there could be more to her than just that.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFG9l...eature=channel

That she's her. Basically. (You rage, you lose)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazilton)
    What?! You mean there are girls out there that arn't like this?!

Hmmm, maybe I need to re-evaluate who I hang around with... :p:
    Ew.

Fair play though if you like abusive controlling boyfriends that sneak into your room to watch you sleep.
    Whatever floats your boat.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    she has the ability to read :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    If she liked them, it means her taste in literature is questionable and she should be exposed to good novels ASAP. If she's obsessive, avoid at all costs.

No, seriously, I'm sure she's all right, but if she's worshipping Edward Cullen then you might want to think again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.