Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can you tell about a girl who enjoyed the Twlight books watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hathlan)
    Hahahaha. In what way do you mean "stretching"? I think it's marvellous. Even better than Roahl Dahl's "The Twits".

I am now of the opinion that you are a simpleton. (No offense).
    Fellow Harry Potter fans :love:

ReputationRep:
    She likes Twilight. What else is there to say? Unless you've read them then you haven't got that 'in common' with her.

ReputationRep:
    She would like you to turn into a sparkly vampire

lol. I suppose I should've expected the vampire replies!

I don't think she's obsessed by them, so no need to worry about her awareness of the fiction/reality dichotomy. Hasn't mentioned them to me. I noticed it in her room (not stalking! :p: perfectly valid reason for being there).
    Going into her third year of studying medicine so her intellectual capabilities aren't suspect.

i've read some synopses. the funny and hilarious ones rail about how crap the books are and the ones that claim the books are great usually have a soft pink background and lots of exclamation marks.

I suppose I'm trying to figure out what she'd look for in a guy. I'm not too keen on the whole sparkly idea though. hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    Ew.

Fair play though if you like abusive controlling boyfriends that sneak into your room to watch you sleep.
    Whatever floats your boat.

:p:
    Haha, genius! I'm pretty bored today and that made me laugh. Just realised this is what I have been doing wrong all my life, clearly girls don't want a nice guy at all!!

This info should be sticky in H&R :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you can't judge an entire person on the fact that they've read a particularly popular set of books.

If you're that keen, then get to know her.

ReputationRep:
    1. That they have no idea what good literature is.
    2. That some of them spend most of their time obsessing that their boyfriends/future boyfriends should be more like Edward.

* #2 is a generalisation... like the girl above me said, get to know her.

ReputationRep:
    Questionable taste in books. And an ability to withstand long-term boredom.

ReputationRep:
    They'll be guaranteed at one point to go, "I want to find my Edward!11!11" to which you reply, "Pretty sure there's a few down Canal Street in Manchester. Go there".

ReputationRep:
    that they probably have not good taste in books

HARRY POTTER FANS UNITE!

ReputationRep:
    She is so desperate to escape reality that she is willing overlook the most cringeworthy narrative since Mein Kampf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazilton)
    Haha, genius! I'm pretty bored today and that made me laugh. Just realised this is what I have been doing wrong all my life, clearly girls don't want a nice guy at all!!

This info should be sticky in H&R :yes:
    I also hate the way the twilight series has not one female character that could possibly survive without their love.

WTF

What's also a bit WTF is the loyal fans that are in love with this idea that they couldn't be a stable functioning person without a dominant man or whatever.

*I do know I'm reading too much into it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Avoid those weirdo mary-sues like the plague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    If she just enjoys it, fair enough. Everyone likes a bit of escapism.
    If she's one of those obsessive 'OMGZ I LUV EDWERDZZ!!11' or even tries to put up a defence for it being well written, there's no hope for her I'm afraid.
    :yep: This i think..
    I really like the series, but personally I would never say they are well written or anything.

I see loads of generalisation going on in this thread. Someone likes Twilight so they all of a sudden don't know what good literature is. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    She has unrealistic expectations of men.

ReputationRep:
    I'm realising why he went off me all of a sudden :erm: Edward :love:
    But really, I think you can like the twilight books without thinking them literary genius. They're just a nice romantic read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What an anticlimax!! I was waiting for a massive rant from you when you spotted this :p:

ReputationRep:
    That she is incredibly immature and is in love with a bad boy that treats her well sorta deal.

ReputationRep:
    They're the literary equivalent of junk-food: provided she recognises this, and doesn't adopt them as a staple part of her diet, I see no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    She is so desperate to escape reality that she is willing overlook the most cringeworthy narrative since Mein Kampf.
    I would say that Hilter was better at characterisation. I know the 'evil Jew' thing was a bit unbelievable, but sparkling vampires?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.