Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello to all

    I will have finished an undergrad course in Cultural studies by 2010 (hopefully ), and would love to do my master's in this field (or sth similar) in the UK...so I'd be most grateful if somebody would be kind enough to answer a few questions on this matter

    First, I'm interested how this discipline is regarded in the UK...how well-known/respected is it, is there a large interest for it and what's the opinion on it in general? I've researched some offers a bit (LSE, Goldsmiths, Leeds, Edinburgh, Nottingham), but would immensely appreciate the objective input of real-life students (especially those in the field of cultural studies, if there are any of the such on this forum ) when it comes to which of the aforementioned unis (or any others) offers the best education in the field (and in general)...is there, perhaps, a particular college/uni in the UK renowned for its excellence in Cultural studies?

    Any help is greatly appreciated,

    I am not familiar with this discipline, but thought I might be able to offer a few general pointers. Usually, most graduate jobs simply require a degree - some employers do not specify between a BA and a BSc, but there are exceptions for vocationally-focused careers and specialised jobs.

    I am only an undergraduate, but from what I understand, it is more important to be part of a department that has a strong research focus in the area of your work rather than the reputation in general. When you submit your application, you should have the opportunity to visit the universities in question. You can also contact the academic department if you have any subject specific questions.

    I hope this helps a little. Perhaps someone with more experience will be able to add to what I've said. Good luck
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.