Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OH. MY. GOD. What has Thom Yorke done to his hair? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The last person I would have thought to convert to the ranks of emo scenester hairdoes.

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2009/07/19/...tude-festival/

ReputationRep:
    That haircut doesn't look 'emo' at all, unless you count any medium length haircut as emo.

And besides, the set was amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    The last person I would have thought to convert to the ranks of emo scenester hairdoes.

Mmm... no... I can think of many other people that would be last to convert.
    Gordon Brown?

Prince Philip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    That haircut doesn't look 'emo' at all, unless you count any medium length haircut as emo.

And besides, the set was amazing!!!
    I don't. But I count medium length heavily stylised straightened hair which covers one of your eyes 'emo'.

But yeah, that set was insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Gordon Brown?
    If anyone has the right to be angsty at the moment, it's him :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't. But I count medium length heavily stylised straightened hair which covers one of your eyes 'emo'.

But yeah, that set was insane!
    I think it was more of a parting that slipped down a bit with head-bobbing than an intentional fringe covering 1 eye.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown?

Prince Philip?
    That mental image has just made my day :love:

ReputationRep:

That is no where near 'emo scenester' hair.

ReputationRep:
    Who's Thom Yorke?

ReputationRep:
    I think his hair looks good, certainly not "emo" or "scenester", more ruffled.

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty 'emo', but if there was any person who would have a reason to cover 1 eye, it would be him (not that I think it's important in any way). As long as he keeps making the same good-quality music. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    That mental image has just made my day :love:
    If I was on my PC, I'd break out the Photoshoppe but my partner's on it at the moment

ReputationRep:
    If I was on my PC, I'd break out the Photoshoppe but my partner's on it at the moment
    Please, please kick him off and do it and I shall love you forever.
    ...Not sure if he will though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I think his hair looks good, certainly not "emo" or "scenester", more ruffled.
    Agreed, I can certainly live with it.

ReputationRep:
    So you are saying any hair which might go over your eyes at all is emo?

ReputationRep:
    I was worried for a second then! I thought he might have committed some sort of hair crime!

But actually, I think he's looking pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. That was very informative. Why bother caring about his hair? I doubt that would make a difference about the quality of his music? (ok, there's a possibility it does but that's very unlikely)

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to destroy all my Radiohead CDs now?

ReputationRep:

Also, Thom Yorke's hair doesn't really look all that emo/scenester to me

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt look that scenester to me either. And tbh, even if it was, Thom Yorke can do what he wants and get away with it, whatever he chooses he's probably already done it before. Most of the people in shock are probably Karma Police/Singles junkies that haven't seen enough of him to realise he's had much worse hair than that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.