Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone suggest any celebrities (or whatever) who have a shade of red hair that is nice/cool etc?

There is also a fine line between red and ginger. Can be quite difficult and subjective.

If anyone dyes their own hair red, what brand and shade do they use?
    I dye my own inbetween visits to the hairdressers but it is never the shade that I really want.

ReputationRep:
    Isla Fisher.

When I used to dye mine red I used this:

In shade 110 Although I don't know if that's too ginger for you.

ReputationRep:
    I adore Ashlee Simpson's red hair. LOVE love love it. I had my hair a similar colour when I was in 6th form. Sometimes I wish I could go back to it!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah, I have used this one. And it is probably one if the better ones.

Whats your take on it? Is it more red or more ginger?

I only ask, as I am gettin a bit sick of ginger jibes. I am not offended by it just annoyed that people think that it is offensive, if that makes sense.

And you said when you 'used' to dye your hair red, what colour are you now?

ReputationRep:
    Hayley Williams. Not as a real Paramore fan or anything (and said as a guy) but the gingery-red worked.

Really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_am_TERRIfic)
    Can anyone suggest any celebrities (or whatever) who have a shade of red hair that is nice/cool etc?

There is also a fine line between red and ginger. Can be quite difficult and subjective.

If anyone dyes their own hair red, what brand and shade do they use?
    I dye my own inbetween visits to the hairdressers but it is never the shade that I really want.
    i cant think of anyone that hasnt been mentioned except hayley williams from paramore, and currently my hair is a dark black/purple, but when i dyed it red i used schwarzkopf live xxl (theres only one bright red shade, i cant remember what it's called) and it was really good

ReputationRep:
    is what i use.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah, I have used this one. And it is probably one if the better ones.

Whats your take on it? Is it more red or more ginger?

And you said when you 'used' to dye your hair red, what colour are you now?
    It's more reddy brown than ginger, but I had my hair bleached from black in January, so the colour faded a lot faster because of that and went more gingery quicker Unless you've had yours bleached at some point it should be a gorgeous colour

This is how it looked, but this is after about 2 weeks of not dying it, so it had faded a lot:

Spoiler:
    Show

My hair is dark brown now, like my profile photo. I got sick of dying it every 2-3 weeks, so I went dark again.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Superdrug stuff was quite good when I used to dye my hair red. Now I'm actually ginger instead, as it suits me a lot more.

I do get a bit fed up of the ginger jibes though ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I adore Ashlee Simpson's red hair. LOVE love love it. I had my hair a similar colour when I was in 6th form. Sometimes I wish I could go back to it!
    I love it too :yes:
    I've actually found a very similar colour but it fades so so quickly and I'm way to lazy to dye my hair every month or so.

ReputationRep:
    He's not a celebrity, but Arthur Sturridge has brilliant red hair; I adore it! :p:

Hmmm, and this model, Judith Bedard, has fab-fabbity-fab red hair --
    :yes:

sighsighsigh, I wish I could pull off red hair (alas, I am half asian and would look stupid): it's so lovelyyy! ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolishfancies)
    He's not a celebrity, but Arthur Sturridge has brilliant red hair, I adore it! :p:

Hmmm, and this model, Judith Bedard, has fab-fabbity-fab red hair --
    :yes:

sighsighsigh, I wish I could pull off red hair (alas, I am half asian and would look stupid): it's so lovelyyy! ;(

These colours are absolutely gorgeous!! But I think you have to be absolutely gorgeous and really cool to pull them off. As they are more orangey.
    e.g

Wish I could. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling Florence Welch's colour.

ReputationRep:
    ME

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Yes please

ReputationRep:
    Stop being shy and go for Jane Goldman style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Yes please
    looks to me as if she's wearing extensions that are a different colour to her hair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    ME

Spoiler:
    Show

Haha. Love it. It really suits you.

Unfortunately, too red for me. I am not confident enough for this shade.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Love it. It really suits you.

Unfortunately, too red for me. I am not confident enough for this shade.
    i wish i had of kept it :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    looks to me as if she's wearing extensions that are a different colour to her hair..
    So...?

She's lush.

ReputationRep:
    I use

it's a really nice colour. It's red, without being too red :love:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.