Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

given the competitiveness of accounting trainee positions in central London, do you think it is better to apply to offices elsewhere (e.g London Gatwick/Newcastle/Leeds)? Would that increase my chances of getting a job?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    WEll I thought the same as you so I applied to Offices in Brimingham and Bristol two places I really liked.

ReputationRep:
    In London more places and more competition

In other places less places and still a reasonable amount of competition - your chances might be slightly improved in other offices but their is no guarantee of success

Gatwick probably gets a similar number of apps to central london as the salary is similar

Places like Newcastle, Hull and other out of the way places might yield more luck

Also apply to as many firms as possible don't just think of the big firms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 456789)
    In London more places and more competition

In other places less places and still a reasonable amount of competition - your chances might be slightly improved in other offices but their is no guarantee of success

Gatwick probably gets a similar number of apps to central london as the salary is similar

Places like Newcastle, Hull and other out of the way places might yield more luck

Also apply to as many firms as possible don't just think of the big firms
    I am trying to apply to smaller firms as well. The only problem is there aren't many firms outside the big four that accept applications for international students requiring work permits. So far I am only aware of the big four and Baker Tilly accepting international student applications. BDO said they haven't made a decision regarding this matter. Is anyone else aware of any other firms?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.