Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honestly, do you think I'm a little bit fat when you look at me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    woflpewfe

ReputationRep:
    You're skinnyfat.

Lift some weights and clean up your diet.

ReputationRep:
    What weights? The big bars? Or little ones? Should I do sit ups? I have no clue about gym stuff.

ReputationRep:
    You look fine, it looks natural tbh.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with you lol. Peoples' standards are sky high these days because of the magic of photoshop in the media. Realistically, that's completely normal .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston_x)
    Please, advise me

My BMI is like 22, so 1 away from overweight. I'm really fat around my stomach area, but if you stand next to me you can still my rib bones. What can I do to get rid of that spare tyre? Does it look bad? God, I think it looks disgusting, i just want a washboard stomach like below

I just wana get rid of that bulge around my stomach, it's killing my confidence. I don't want guys to look at me and think "cor, she's carrying a lot of fat"

There's nothing wrong with a bit of fat, OP. You look cuddly enough

ReputationRep:
    no you're fine, oh and overweight is 25+

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI, the BMI thing for being overweight is 25+, so you're actually quite a bit away from that.
    And really, you're not fat. Anyone who thinks so is probably the same type of person who thinks magazine photos are real and not photoshopped.

edit - that last photo you posted. Eugh. Look at how much her pelvic bone comes out ffs. Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    But i see all these girls with really flat stomachs (iron board stomachs) and I just start to hate my body !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Just FYI, the BMI thing for being overweight is 25+, so you're actually quite a bit away from that.
    And really, you're not fat. Anyone who thinks so is probably the same type of person who thinks magazine photos are real and not photoshopped.
    I could've sworn I read 23 :o: :o: :o:

ReputationRep:
    Please, advise me

My BMI is like 22, so 1 away from overweight. I'm really fat around my stomach area, but if you stand next to me you can still my rib bones. What can I do to get rid of that spare tyre? Does it look bad? God, I think it looks disgusting, i just want a washboard stomach like below

I just wana get rid of that bulge around my stomach, it's killing my confidence. I don't want guys to look at me and think "cor, she's carrying a lot of fat"

I used to be so skinny. But food became my friend arghhhhhhhhh
    personally i'd say you're skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Please, advise me

I used to be so skinny. But food became my friend arghhhhhhhhh
    Pull your jeans up a bit next time, it looks gross

ReputationRep:
    Psh. Fat? Hell no. You're complaining about being a 22 on the BMI, while I'm a 20 aiming for a 21.5 (just because my mum keeps complaining that I'm too thin).

As has already been said: :hitit:

ReputationRep:
    not fat. Just not toned.

ReputationRep:
    But i see all these girls with really flat stomachs (iron board stomachs) and I just start to hate my body !
    What you tend to get on this part of TSR are people who will say you look fine / you don't need to change anything regardless of how unhappy you are with your body.

If you're unhappy with it, that's what counts. It's an unwritten rule on TSR that a thirty-stone female who eats six Big Macs a day will get responses along the lines of "you look beautiful as you are" and "you don't need to change anything".

Lift weights, this means do things like squats and deadlifts that will target your core and legs, and help you lose weight and build muscle to give you the washboard look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    not fat. Just not toned.
    so, sit ups? how many a day? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It certainly doesn't look fat. It could look better but I don't think it's something that any person with sane standards would be repulsed by.

ReputationRep:
    You just have that little tummy podge which LOADS of girls have who aren't fat. So noooo.

ReputationRep:
    Normal

ReputationRep:
    thats weird because my BMI is 18 which is underweight or something but i actually have the worst love handles ever

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.