Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honestly, do you think I'm a little bit fat when you look at me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston_x)
    Please, advise me

My BMI is like 22, so 1 away from overweight. I'm really fat around my stomach area, but if you stand next to me you can still my rib bones. What can I do to get rid of that spare tyre? Does it look bad? God, I think it looks disgusting, i just want a washboard stomach like below

I just wana get rid of that bulge around my stomach, it's killing my confidence. I don't want guys to look at me and think "cor, she's carrying a lot of fat"

I used to be so skinny. But food became my friend arghhhhhhhhh
    Then train your abdominal muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Well it should be :huff:
    I agree, I love cuddles, but 'cuddly' and 'bubbly' mean fat sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    thats weird because my BMI is 18 which is underweight or something but i actually have the worst love handles ever
    You can't always go with BMI seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tired yet?)
    I agree, I love cuddles, but 'cuddly' and 'bubbly' mean fat sadly.
    She's far from fat, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

And weights do that? I thought they train your arms? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    That's what my tummy looks like lol. I'd love a washboard stomach but atm I'm just focusing on being as lean as possible at the moment, whilst building muscle. I do lots of bodyweight exercises - the plank is a good one for your core, side plank for your obliques. Squats and lunges all work your core.

Don't bother with situps. They really won't do much.

ReputationRep:
    Look, Profesh. I don't want to be rude since you're obviously "TSR Royalty" and all. But...

When you've got a clue, come back here and ask what sort of advice you're qualified to give with regards to fitness. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Please, advise me

My BMI is like 22, so 1 away from overweight. I'm really fat around my stomach area, but if you stand next to me you can still my rib bones. What can I do to get rid of that spare tyre? Does it look bad? God, I think it looks disgusting, i just want a washboard stomach like below

I just wana get rid of that bulge around my stomach, it's killing my confidence. I don't want guys to look at me and think "cor, she's carrying a lot of fat"

I used to be so skinny. But food became my friend arghhhhhhhhh
    Snap! im exaclty the same shape, people always say im skinny but only coz i hold my belly in :P its a bit grrrr isnt it lol

ReputationRep:
    What weights? The big bars? Or little ones? Should I do sit ups? I have no clue about gym stuff.
    Yeah do 80kg on the bench press. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    That's what my tummy looks like lol. I'd love a washboard stomach but atm I'm just focusing on being as lean as possible at the moment, whilst building muscle. I do lots of bodyweight exercises - the plank is a good one for your core, side plank for your obliques. Squats and lunges all work your core.
    Thanks for mentioning those, how often do you go to the gym?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why your getting a hard time here but here goes my response. I don't think your fat but I can certainly see why you'd lack confidence. Body fat becomes a problem when you think it is one so no amount of "you look fine" comments will ease your mind I'm guessing.

To get rid of it, make sure your getting the right amount of calories per day, do some HIIT and some basic resistance (weights, can just be bodyweight if you so choose) would help too but mainly sort your diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    She's far from fat, though.
    yeah i know, but girls don't like those words is my point

ReputationRep:

I don't think this is true, I once went through a phase of doing LOADS of sit ups every day, and it worked!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for mentioning those, how often do you go to the gym?
    I don't. I have a cross trainer which I use 2-3 times a week and have my own spinlock dumbbells with different weights on. Everything I do, I do at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydoncrewduk)
    ...people always say im skinny but only coz i hold my belly in :P its a bit grrrr isnt it lol
    I do that all the time, it's a pain (quite literally sometimes) lol. Don't have to suck in so much now though since I've been training.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a chav, thanks.
    Please just ignore that pathetic "Lady KaKa'. She's a lowlife who obviously builds up her own confidence by knocking others... and by wearing horridious red dresses.

And, I have a stomach pretty much almost the same so your not alone! I'm trying to get rid of mine by doing leg extensions when your lying on the floor and static plank. I also try and get a bit of aerobic exercise in there as well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I have a cross trainer which I use 2-3 times a week and have my own spinlock dumbbells with different weights on. Everything I do, I do at home.
    SNAP i love my cross trainer... and my ipod

ReputationRep:
    you don't look fat , you look like you have a bit of a beer belly.

ReputationRep:

Profesh fail.

ReputationRep:

While I don't disagree with the statement in bold and agree she should not bother with sit ups and thought it pains me to actually offer you advice as one of my loyal fish if you yourself are "building muscle" then a pair of spinlock bells really isn't going to cut it for squats, they will be far to light, what are they about 20kg maximum each?

My better half started training her mum who is in her 50's and weighs 8 stone and she is already squatting 60kgs after a couple of weeks.

You want to be lean and build some muscle, good, the idea is there but you need to drag your ass to some proper weights to activate your CNS and get the main benefits from squatting, yes doing some will be better than nowt but I can't help but feel your pouty face will become more pouty when it understands that you are behind where you could be if you put the effort in (or should i say the understanding over effort as at least you are squatting).

That’s it from me, no more Mr nice powerlifter thats you bit of advice, now it's back to fishing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.