Turn on thread page Beta

Honestly, do you think I'm a little bit fat when you look at me? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Profesh fail.
    Care to elaborate?

Edit: I'm simply saying that the solution is not to lose (yet more) weight, but rather to gain muscle, which seems to be a tried-and-true mantra on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    No your not fat at all... Any girls that say different are just hatin... If YOU want to, just work out like other people have said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    no more Mr nice powerlifter thats you bit of advice, now it's back to fishing!
    While I agree with your advice on heavier weights for squatting, I am only able to work with what I have at home. Had I the luxury of a ready built gym with all the barbells under the sun, sure, I'd have a personal trainer walking me through it. However, I'm a 23 yr old girl with limited knowledge and a limited budget. Thank you for the Mr Nice Powerlifter post though, makes a change :p:

ReputationRep:
    are you kidding me, my stomach sticks out more than that cos thats were i carry most my weight and my bmi is lower than yours, 21. Bmi for obese is 25+. You can't honestly think your fat! your not perfectly toned but neither am i and i wouldn't consider myself fat. Just go to the gym and ask the instructors how to tone your stomach, it'll be hard cos everyone has a part of their body where they find it hardest to shift the fat (definitely stomach for me) but you'll be able to get it flatter and its not even fat its just not really toned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Just FYI, the BMI thing for being overweight is 25+, so you're actually quite a bit away from that.
    And really, you're not fat. Anyone who thinks so is probably the same type of person who thinks magazine photos are real and not photoshopped.

edit - that last photo you posted. Eugh. Look at how much her pelvic bone comes out ffs. Not nice.
    Thats a hip bone and its supposed to do that.

OP you aren't fat. Theres nothing wrong with you
    although I wouldn't like to have that bit in the middle.
    gym?

and as for BMI.. ********. Mine says im underweight, which i'm clearly not. So its not to be taken literally.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That bulge 'around' your stomach IS your stomach. Just do sit-ups before bed and that will be toned. You are DEFINATELY NOT FAT. Just not toned. Gawd how many girls are gonna keep asking this question you're almost as bad as my sister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbo99)
    are you kidding me, my stomach sticks out more than that cos thats were i carry most my weight and my bmi is lower than yours, 21. Bmi for obese is 25+. You can't honestly think your fat! your not perfectly toned but neither am i and i wouldn't consider myself fat. Just go to the gym and ask the instructors how to tone your stomach, it'll be hard cos everyone has a part of their body where they find it hardest to shift the fat (definitely stomach for me) but you'll be able to get it flatter and its not even fat its just not really toned
    I wish people would get it right. BMI is 18-25 HEALTHY. 25-30 OVERWEIGHT. 30+ OBESE.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, ignore the whole BMI thing, according to mine i'm underweight! Don't let other people tell you how you should look.

As for the tummy, sit ups and crunches, along with a healthy diet and no booze

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I wish people would get it right. BMI is 18-25 HEALTHY. 25-30 OVERWEIGHT. 30+ OBESE.
    oh i meant overweight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Care to elaborate?

Edit: I'm simply saying that the solution is not to lose (yet more) weight, but rather to gain muscle, which seems to be a tried-and-true mantra on this forum.
    No amount of sit-ups is going to get rid of the bulge. She needs to lose body fat.

ReputationRep:
    While I agree with your advice on heavier weights for squatting, I am only able to work with what I have at home. Had I the luxury of a ready built gym with all the barbells under the sun, sure, I'd have a personal trainer walking me through it. However, I'm a 23 yr old girl with limited knowledge and a limited budget. Thank you for the Mr Nice Powerlifter post though, makes a change
    Most gyms, and I mean gyms not health clubs are not very expensive, any where powerlifters train will be equipped for some squats and most powerlifters myself included are happy to help people who actually stray away from the mirror, grow a pair and step up to the rack for squats and deadlifts no matter how strong they are.

I have always said I would rather train with 5 people who are up for a go and weak as piss than 10 who are super strong lazy *******s

ReputationRep:
    Ahem, I'm a bit on the obese side lol just under 35

But after my check up today my cholesterol is below 5 and my blood pressure is in the ok range and I have a mighty heart rate of 58 meaning my heart is swole so screw all of you!

ReputationRep:
    you're obviously not happy with it so do something about it...even if people tell you it's fine you're still gonna want that washboard stomach...like most girls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Most gyms, and I mean gyms not health clubs are not very expensive, any where powerlifters train will be equipped for some squats and most powerlifters myself included are happy to help people
    Getting a 23 year old self concious young lady into a 'proper gym' is like trying to get blood out of a stone, sadly. It's just not realistic. Us ladies do NOT like being perved over - I've been to 'proper gyms' when I was younger (and fat) and it's a certified meat market. I'd rather underwork at home, than be subjected to the leeryness of the kind of guys you get down the gym. Yuck.

Haha, no offence intended, I'm not saying you're one of them btw.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd rather have a girl that looked natural like you instead of ultra skinny. It's more attractive in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a 23 year old self concious young lady into a 'proper gym' is like trying to get blood out of a stone, sadly. It's just not realistic. Us ladies do NOT like being perved over - I've been to 'proper gyms' when I was younger (and fat) and it's a certified meat market. I'd rather underwork at home, than be subjected to the leeryness of the kind of guys you get down the gym. Yuck.

Haha, no offence intended, I'm not saying you're one of them btw.
    I see your point, but again I belive this is far more the health club type place than a hardcore gym, reason being most peole in hardcore gyms are there to train and nowt else, there will be banter etc but thats about it.

In my gym there are only 3 lasses, one is the owners wife, another my better half and another who comes in of her own accord, everyone just gets on with it there.

maybe try this place

Northampton
    - Better Bodies Gym, Unit F1, Nene Centre, Freehold St, Northampton, NN2 6EW, 01604 791294

More of a lifters gym not too far form MK

ReputationRep:
    That's called normal!
    I wouldn't worry if you have a healthy BMI either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    No amount of sit-ups is going to get rid of the bulge. She needs to lose body fat.
    Not to patronise you (as you're obviously better-versed in this subject than I am), but how can you tell that the O.P.'s 'bulge' isn't simply her stomach protruding from a lack of abdominal muscle-mass?

ReputationRep:
    You got a similar belly to me, just a bit less fat. You could leave it like that but if you want a celebrity body I'd lose a little bit. Really just a tiny bit, don't go overboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Moo129)
    In my opinion, ignore the whole BMI thing, according to mine i'm underweight! Don't let other people tell you how you should look.

As for the tummy, sit ups and crunches, along with a healthy diet and no booze
    Why does this mean it should be ignored?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.