Turn on thread page Beta

Can online orders be delivered to your college? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just was wondering...

Can I order something from Amazon and ask to deliver it to my college address? How does it work? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dias)
    I just was wondering...

Can I order something from Amazon and ask to deliver it to my college address? How does it work? :o:
    You might be able to, depending if they want to ship it to the billing address or not. I used to have my stuff delivered to college becuase I had use of the students' union pigeon hole, but if you don't have one that you can use, then it won't work, probably.

ReputationRep:
    I've had friends order from Amazon to school, it just goes to the main office and then they'll give it to you.

ReputationRep:
    yer you can
    at uni you will have a pigeon hole for post but anything bigger they store it
    at my uni with parcels they printed a new list every day of peoples names who had parcels there

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask your college first but basically just use your college's address. Sometimes places want you to use your billing address but I think with amazon it's ok. If it's expensive I'm not sure.

My college doesn't allow it sadly since if it was damaged or anything they can't be held responsible. I said I knew that but still nope...though I suppose it was a for the best, if the package was damaged my colleges secretary probably wouldn't like seeing a big tarantula.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yea at my last uni I had packages delived there

ReputationRep:
    Nice, thank you for your replies.

I'm planning to open a UK bank account when I'll arrive there in September, so I guess I won't have any problem since I'll have a local Visa/billing address. Oh btw, my college will be Stratford, I hope they won't tell me no for my online orders.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you wont get it

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.