Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So guys! I want to know about your experiences with BF Blazers: share pics of them,web-links..what you wear with them and what's good/bad about Boyfriend Blazers :yes: :yes:

I'm a noob with these Blazer styles,so want some thoughts before buying one.

Kinda interested in this-
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...3479&langId=-1 :p:

ReputationRep:
    For a 14 year old emo kid maybe :/

ReputationRep:
    I quite like the one you've linked as well but 55 quid is a bit out of my budget at the mo =[
    Here's an eg of what I've worn mine with
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about investing in a nice blazer for the Autumn. Think I'd probably go for a simple one though.

ReputationRep:
    I just brought a blazer, I have only worn it once though and wore it with ankle boots, black leggings, navy blue tunic. I love it, but mine isn't really 'boyfriend' blazer, it isn't very long

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I love my boyfriend blazer - managed to score it for £3 from a charity shop, with the tags still on, should have been £90! It's the perfect fit as well, just the right amount of slouch. It's quite heavy material and well-lined so I usually only wear it in the autumn/winter, but it's lovely.

I kind of prefer shrunken blazers though - I have another charity shop one (£1! Amazing!) that I wear all the time, but I found the one with a crest on that looks like a boys' blazer from Topshop in the sale for £30 a couple of weeks ago. I have my eye on the jersey Topshop ones, they look smart but jersey = SO COMFY; I like the pink one best but I'll probably settle for the pale blue one due to versatility.

I wear mine with everything really, they look fab with most stuff! I usually chuck one on over a floral dress if I can't be bothered with a coat, but they look great with skinnies as well (it's a very "model off duty" look)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    I quite like the one you've linked as well but 55 quid is a bit out of my budget at the mo =[
    Here's an eg of what I've worn mine with
    I like your outfit, you look lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a single breasted 3/4 length sleeved blazer from Topshop the other week (£55). It's ruched on the sleeves so it's a bit more feminine.
    I tend to wear it with a long length racerback vest and flared black jeans or leggings and boots. I tried it over a tulip skirt and vest today and that looked nice too.

Versatile *thumbs up*

ReputationRep:
    This is my current favourite from Topshop - I prefer to dress casually, so this suits me.
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...0493&langId=-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    I've been thinking about investing in a nice blazer for the Autumn. Think I'd probably go for a simple one though.
    Your sig is awesome. Love that book :love:

ReputationRep:
    my best boyfriend blazer came from topshop boutique two years ago. the lining has almost completely worn away, but i still love it. it's got a good drape, no buttons, quite thin, which keeps it feminine.
    if you're of a certain build/"look" then you can get away with wearing an old bloke's blazer and look good. but slim fitting, long line blazers look good on most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    I like your outfit, you look lovely.
    Thank you didn't quite realise how short the dress was cause I got changed at work to go out. First time I had worn it + no full length mirror lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.