Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday morning whilst i was out, something really weird happened. My knees just started shaking all of a sudden, i had no problems when i was walking, but every time i stopped and just stood in one spot, they would start to shake uncontrollably. Then during the night i couldn't sleep, and my legs started to hurt. I woke up this morning, and could hardly walk because of the leg pain, The type of pain you have when you've pulled a muscle. Could the shaking and leg pain be connected? Is it serious?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there was an earthquake?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been doing any hardcore exercise? I sometimes workout to a point where I can hardly stand up :yep: Other than that I haven't really heard of anything like this.

ReputationRep:
    I think that you ought to go to the doctors. Don't listen to anything anyone on here says, because none of them are doctors (yeah some might be training to become one but whatever), and none of them can diagnose you properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    Have you been doing any hardcore exercise? I sometimes workout to a point where I can hardly stand up :yep: Other than that I haven't really heard of anything like this.
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    I think that you ought to go to the doctors. Don't listen to anything anyone on here says, because none of them are doctors (yeah some might be training to become one but whatever), and none of them can diagnose you properly.
    Yeah, i probably should. It's just if it was a one off thing, then does it really matter?

ReputationRep:
    go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    if you had just woken up or hadnt eaten reguarly/properly in the last 24 hours, it might explain. I sometimes get this first thing in the morning before breakfast. Did you skip breakfast could explain. Leads to low BGL and your muscles just dont get enough energy. It can leave them prone to strains and tears etc. As someone else mentioned, it (shaking / dizziness) can happen because of exhaustion after intense workouts too.
    I wouldnt worry unless it happens again and there still isnt an explanation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Yeah, i probably should. It's just if it was a one off thing, then does it really matter?
    Yeah, it really does. It could be something very serious. I am not going to tell you about my suspicions because it's against my ethics. Go to the doctors.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.