Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - If you loved a guys personality... Would you... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not a huge fan of tatoos and excessive peircings :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I like tattoos and piercings, unless done to excess. I must admit, you had the look of somebody whom I would expect to rob me in the street if I looked at them wrong, but then your post came across differently :P

Personally, I have my lip pierced, and I'm getting a couple of tattoos. In my view, the kind of girls I try to attract are usually those who like or have piercings and tattoos themselves. The girls who seem to dislike them, are the superficial airhead girly-girls whom I try to avoid.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't find you attractive at first glance, you seem like a thug or a motocycle enthusiast (neither of which interest me).
    However, I would be happy to get to know you if you got chatting to me in a pub or in a queue somewhere and if I'm completely wrong and we get along, friendship is cool, and if you have the personality qualities I'm looking for, then hey! Who knows what will happen?!
    At present though, I don't find you physically attractive. I don't tend to like skinheads, unless they're Black.

ReputationRep:
    I"ve met guys like the OP in the past, and while they may *look* all hard and menacing, their personality has been lovely and they are in fact big softies!. I had a mate once who looked like a thug, but he was a great bloke .

ReputationRep:
    No they would'nt put me off. I like tattoos and tbh it would be hypocritical of me since I have one (at the moment) and want another soon.

I'm not too keen on tattoos going up your neck/face but other than that I see no reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as far as the last few posts go, I know what people think when they look at you and when you get dirty looks, i give them back, nobody should ever judge anyone that they don't know!
    Like i've said before though, i'm just a normal person, i'm friendly, loyal, reliable and i live a relatively normal life, i've got a great sense of humour and i'd like to think i'm fun to be around!

In response to "AsystoleUK".... I couldn't agree more with the last part... However you never know who you're going to fall for or get on with, however they seem on the outset... As far as i'm concerned, everyone deserves at least one chance! Although little screaming, giggling girls don't usually do much for me, i love having a laugh etc but i like someone who has a certain degree of maturity and knows how to deal with a serious situation... I don't get on with people who live in cloud cuckoo land! lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George231086)
    I wasn't having a go. As i said, i don't have a problem with tatoos. Mainly i was just wondering because when you see neo nazis in programmes about prison etc, they generally have the iron cross so i was just unsure. Also, i did say i couldn't make out the neck one and SS seems to be a popular neck tatoo for neo nazis.

Each to their own.
    Apologies, i didn't have the best of days yesterday and i shouldn't have taken it out on you!

Hope you've had a good one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shifty6Speed)
    Thank you

Generally i am human like everyone else, i have preferences, views, opinions and FEELINGS!

I have got a temper and i do loose it now and again but no differently to anyone else!

I like helping people through good and bad, giving advice on everything from getting off drugs to the best parts of the unseen world to travel, i like hugs, i like kisses, i like good film, alsorts of music (i love piano!), i love giving back what i recieve on a greater scale, i love brushing my teeth, smelling nice, having awesome friends and family...

I'm not a "nasty" person or a "monster" as some people like to think... But if someone like me gets angry over something, it's frowned upon much more than if someone with a much "cleaner" appearance did the same...

I've never hit a woman, i've never cheated etc...

Things i value most are respect, trust, loyalty, love and self belief... Without those things, i may well have been dead by now the way i was heading a few years ago...

Thank you for you're very welcome opinion x
    :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What are you're first impressions of people like me? (Just for instance) - pic in personal profile!
    'Neo-nazi' was the first thing to come to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    'Neo-nazi' was the first thing to come to mind.

Thanks, i know, i'm covered in Swaztika's and by the way I'M GOING BALD!!! Thats why i shave my head nowadays...

No every bloke with no head hair is a neo-******!

Ya'll have a nice day now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in what you girls think....
    First impression:he's hot?

No i'm not put off by tattoo's or piercings. I think it is a very personal statement getting either and I wouldn't judge someone for it. I love them myself. I dont have any tattoos because I want to make sure I love the design, I want a tat on the back of my neck. And when you say 'people like me' I wouldn't say everyone with tattoos/piercings looks like you, i wouldn't say I look like the sort of persont to be into them but i love them and have a few piercings myself. (I want more!)
    Plus I think they are sexy and am often attracted to guys with nice tattoos/piercings. It's personal preference but I think people with them are more open minded and aware of their body generally. :yup:

What tattoos/piercings do you have?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Thanks, i know, i'm covered in Swaztika's and by the way I'M GOING BALD!!! Thats why i shave my head nowadays...

No every bloke with no head hair is a neo-******!

Ya'll have a nice day now!
    Did you not ask people for their first impressions of you based on your profile picture?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed however my picture was vastly different at the time of this thread being started... It shows my with my head and neck tribal... Tribal being the key as these kind of designs origionated in black countries and if i was racist i wouldn't be covered in the "enemies" art work!

Not having a go, just stating a fact

ReputationRep:
    well tbh now tatoos dont really bother me and if piercings did i wouldnt still like this guy (he has his ******* done). He also has loads of other piercings and is getting some tatoos soon xxx

But he is the gentalist guy i have ever met and soooo sweet so i wouldnt judge u xxx

ReputationRep:
    personally i don't really like tattoos

but i wouldn't judge a guy because of them especially not if they had a good personality

ReputationRep:
    I have a whole host of friends, male and female, with tattoos, piercings, body art/modifications etc.
    I myself having nothing bar the usual single ear lobe and belly bar.
    My boyfriend has no tattoos or piercings and has a similar 'style' to me - a fairly 'neutral' high street type affair.
    I've only ever dated one guy who had any and if I remember rightly (it was brief and many years ago now!) that was just a lip ring and a couple of small tattoos.
    Basically my feelings on this issue are that I don't judge by appearances and when it comes to surrounding myself with people. I base this on their personality, but when it comes to what I'm attracted to sexually/romatically then I have a type and tatts/piercings etc isn't really it.
    I don't think it's any different to the facts that some girls go for muscular types while others prefer a more lean look, or that some people like their men stubbly and others prefer clean shaven.
    We all have preferences and we all deviate from them at times. There's no right or wrong to it and I don't think I've ever made a conscious decision regarding dating a guy based on the presence or absence of piercings.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all I'm all for tattoos and piercings, and yes I am a STRAIGHT girl. I mean, maybe loads in the mouth or whatever (didn't look at your dp) would bother me, but generally I don't have a problem and think they're HOT. Looks aren't everything, a personality can make a person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.