The Student Room Group

A level combination

I'm going to college next year, but I'm still having trouble deciding which A levels to take.
At the moment, I'm down for Modern History, Biology, Chemistry, German and a Spanish GCSE.
Is that a good combination?
I'm thinking of changing one for Maths and possibly changing German to French depending on my GCSE results.
I'm still not sure what I want to do in the future...:s-smilie:
I'd like to see what you think of these subjects because I really don't have any idea what makes a 'good' combination.
Reply 1
without knowing which route you want to take for uni, its hard to say for that :p:

as A-levels they are good, and not a bad combination, with the bio and chem, they are good together, history a good essay subject to take, if you enjoy studying them and are happy to take them, then they are a good combination for you
AS level is intended so that you can have a wide range of subjects. Most students usually drop one of their AS levels at the end of the first year, but some do, of course, continue with all four of their subjects. Maths goes well with the two science courses. For the Language, I would advise choosing the one that you most enjoy. If you are finding it difficult to decide, it may be possible to switch the Spanish GCSE to Maths at AS level, as long as you are not intending to apply for a language at University level.

Latest