Turn on thread page Beta

How long should sex last? watch

Hi

My boyfriend and I have sex about 4 times a week, and we kiss etc beforehand for about 5 minutes, and then the actual sex lasts for about a minute/minute and a half tops. is this normal/Ok?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can't give actual sex tips on here, but there are ways he can make himself last longer.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard 7-13minutes is best. Anything longer, is to long. Anything shorter, is to short. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Dionysus)
    Can't give actual sex tips on here, but there are ways he can make himself last longer.
    it's not normal then? I've heard other people talk about sex, and I always just thought all guys are different, but i realised I've never heard anytime under about 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    lol one minute is way too short

ReputationRep:
    He prolly has premature ejaculation.

ReputationRep:
    It can last from 15mins to a couples of hours

Edit; british man are known for their premature ejectulations

30 mins is okay.

Great , so what the hell can we do?

ReputationRep:
    15-30 mins or so is about the norm. can run on for a lot longer or much shorter depending on amoutn of foreplay and when the last visit to pleasuretown was. lol.

alot of it comes down to techniques so both do some research and get him to "think" about it half an hour before if you catch my drift lol.

other tricks ive heard count down from 100. alphabet backwards and name all 11 members of the 1966 england team. All good little delayers IMO

ReputationRep:
    [insert arbitrary number here]

Depends on length of relationship. At first, you should be going at it for hours until your genitals ache. Then it tapers off.

ReputationRep:
    Sex with me has lasted hours sometimes, and minutes sometimes. It depends how wound up you and your partner are at the time. Sometimes hours is great, other times its ******* boring. Depends who you're with. As a general rule I try to make sure the woman is satisfied before letting rip myself, but he may have problems controlling himself.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I dunno, but 1 min is waaaay to short...maybe 30min to an hour?

ReputationRep:
    wear durex performax condoms. i think they are the ones that have a lube on them that numbs the end of your **** so he will feel less sensitivity and last longer for you.

ReputationRep:
    An hour?

You people thrust in and out for an hour? Boooooring.

It should be an hour including foreplay, tops.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 1 minute is way to short. Google it!!! There are plenty of techniques. But normally 30-45 is a good minimum, for good sex and not a quickie before the next class begins.

Tell him to try and think of other things. I know it doesn't sound romantic but as the TV show Friends once wisely said "if I don't want to get too excited I think of Sandwiches."

Also try extra performance Durex! That might work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrinnyUnlimited)
    An hour?

ya tell him to spend longer on foreplay. you will be more satisfied and he will probs be bit more relaxed

ReputationRep:
    At least 30 minutes i would say

(Original post by samjoe)
    wear durex performax condoms. i think they are the ones that have a lube on them that numbs the end of your **** so he will feel less sensitivity and last longer for you.
    he's tried them, but they made him last for ages and he got worn out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrinnyUnlimited)
    An hour?

Wow, you need to get your head on straight. It is ok less sometimes but I can't believe you think longer is boring!!! It is just passionate, and sometimes aggressive. lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.