Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello all, just joined and activated!
    i'll be going to hull come september to read politics and philosophy yay!! had a look around this sub forum and cant find any1 else doin the course though so if there are any out there say hi

Also, ive been reading up on the accomidation for hull and while theres alot of info on certain halls no ones mentioned the downs yet... is there a reason? is it not a very good hall?

anyway i look forward to hearing from u and seeing u at hull sometime soon!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Downs is a good hall but lawns hall bedrooms are stereotypically the same you get a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, sink and a balcony. Downs has kitchen diner kitchens and no shared rooms.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    My mate does Politics and Philosophy, another mate does PPE.

Im studying Politics and International Relations, so if you want to know about the politics dept then just ask away.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys,
    couple of questions on the polititcs front, will the uni send a reading list sometime before the beginin of term? and on average how many times a week do u have to go on campus for lectures, tutorials etc?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Theres 1 lecture and 1 tutorial per module each week, however you also have your intro to pol/sci lectures and tutorials. in the first semester this is one two hur seminar per week. In the second you have a 1 hour tutorial one week and a 1 hour lecture the next. For pol/sci you will probably have richard woodward as a lecturer, hes a legend!

ReputationRep:
    Jaager, which year would you be now, because if i transfer i would be 2nd year Politics and IR, but i would defo feel even more lost than 1st year students...and also i have a question about the tutorials. When there is one, are the students supposed to prepare something like a presentation or an essay, or not necessary?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.