Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I have studied Economics and I am interested to take a master on Marketing.
    I have offers from:
    Glasgow: MSc Strategic Marketing
    Strathclyde: MSc Marketing
    Leeds: MA Advertising & Marketing

I have to pick one of them but I am really confused..

I know Strathclyde has a good reputation about marketing but it doesnt have a very nice reputation as a university overall. In addition from what I have seen, the buildings on the campus appear pretty old and poor (dont know if this should be a factor). It also attained university status recently.
    Glasgow on the other hand has a good reputation as a university but what about the Businness School? It doenst seem to be very famous. Anyone attended this programm or knows someone there can maybe help me?
    Finnaly Leeds is a good university as well with a good business school as far as I know, but is this programme good?

My main concern is about employment. Is Strathclyde known outside Scotland? Or an employer whould prefer someone from the most known Leeds or Glasgow?

Looking forward to red some helpful answers

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh I dont know much about marketing.........but Strathclydes kinda the same with chemistry.....its a really good department even if the uni itself isnt seen as one of the best. I really dont think you should be swayed too much by league tables.......pick the one where u think you'll be happiest......look at the location, or try speaking to people who've been x x

ReputationRep:
    same with primary education.. strathclyde is recognised widely as the best in scotland for that course yet aint viewed as the best uni overall x

Glasgow is a good area with lots of places for student life and im sure the general student population there are really lively and easygoing.. as for the others, i cant comment lol

x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.