Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm waiting for my A2 results, and I've previously turned down all my offers or wasn't given an offer. I now want to apply next year,effectively having a gap year. I intend to apply for medicine (so get my application sent before October 15th). But do I have to apply to UCAS through some wotsit for those who have had a gap year or it it effectively just exactly the same as last year.

    Also, what happens with the thing that the year tutor wrote on my UCAS application last year (I forget what it's called - a reference?) - who does it this time? Can it still be a teacher? Do I even need a reference?

    Why thank you kind inhabitants of TSR.
    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    Same as last year.

    Same as last year, but i think there's something to tick and say that you applied before. As for your school reference just get in touch with them and let them know that you will be reapplying. Your application will still go to them for the reference, they just need a bit of time to prepare it.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.