Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Oversized cricket jumpers (!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so im thinking about getting an oversized (mens, basically) Cricket jumper cos i thing they look really cool. After asking my cricket-playing bf if he had one, he said no so i looked on ebay. There's one going for a fiver so what do u think i should do?

What i really want to know is do people think they look stupid on girls or do u think if u wear it with leggings / skinny jeans etc you could pull it off?

Any advice is very much appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    i bought something similar today, i think they're so cool! if you wear it with leggings as you said, they look ace!

ReputationRep:
    I hate the trend of wearing jumpers with just leggings, it looks like you forgot to get dressed.

I guess it'd look nice with jeans but the only people I've seen able to pull it off are skinny and tall.

ReputationRep:
    http://diana-vickersfashion.blogspot...et-jumper.html

Um, I wouldn't that's fo shiz.

ReputationRep:
    i think it'd look kinda good, and snuggly hehe, although more of a winter thing

ReputationRep:
    I wear my brothers with skinnies occasionally :dontknow:. Usually on a day when I cba with putting much effort in :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Another unfathomable trend.

This isn't a personal thing, but I think the British are now one of the most appallingly dressed countries. Even though it's generalising, I think that europeans (particularly the french and italians) have a much better idea of the value of understated chic, the right cut of clothes etc.

That said, to each their own, buy whatever you want

ReputationRep:
    Just no. That's all

ReputationRep:
    what about expressing your individuality and wearing what you want to wear?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    http://diana-vickersfashion.blogspot...et-jumper.html

Um, I wouldn't that's fo shiz.
    Omgosh.. she isn't dead yet?

Why do people want to look like her?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A tad bit Rar-ish.

ReputationRep:
    Er... no.

EDIT: if you want to wear a nice snuggly top with leggings then why not buy a nice jumper dress? Why voluntary wear a mans ugly sweater just because it 'looks cool' (your words not mine!)

ReputationRep:
    I like cricket jumpers. I have a dark grey one I bought from Dorothy Perkins a few years ago but it was during my 'buy everything too big' phase so it just swamps me now I think they look really nice though!

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love cricket jumper and i have my dads old one its soo comfy you should get it!

ReputationRep:
    I bought one off ebay for £7 including postage and i love it and the fact it was a bargin

I also have a Ralph Lauren one but im to scared to wear it incase i spill something on it and ruin it:o:

ReputationRep:
    i think the jack wills one, albeit expensivvvve, is the best one i've seen. it's oversized without being stupid and unflattering.
    if you really want ne then a fiver on ebay is definitely a good move. have you checked out any vintage shops near you?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.