Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Try getting her to talk to you/a close friend about this, but if she still wants to drink socially, she'll continue to do so. Really don't know how drinking can help her feel in control though...

ETA: If you try telling her to stop drinking etc, it probably won't help, as she'll feel like your trying to take control. Maybe talk to her about her reasons, what's going on that may be causing her to feel like this etc. I still stand by 'it's her life & body' though, unless it starts to affect her negatively.
    yh i agree that its her life
    i just care about her health i dont want her to do something that shell regret in the future.
    OK a new question
    What if she drinks everyday or like more then once a week and i ask her about it and all she says is its my life but she knows that its affecting her health ??
    what should i do then
    because i was talking to her friend today and he was encouraging her and he also said that its her life and that i should let her get drunk . one of the reasons that i dont like it is that im not there with her so i wont know what shes doing and id be getting worried as were in 2 different cities.

Edit - Ok so she went out yesterday night and got drunk. she texted me a lil while ago saying that shes gonna go out so i asked what she was going 2 do and she sed "get drunk F*** about. i dont expect you to be happy i just want you to understand i need to escape"

i dont no what to do anymore ill give her space and i think im going to take steffi.alexa's advice and ask for reasons..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.