Turn on thread page Beta

Okay i has in the shower using hair removal cream. I thought id use it to remove hair from my upper lip. Its now red and swollen, i had only kept it on for 2 minutes. Help anyone? i know it was stupid. Im keeping a wet cloth on it which seems to be working.

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, they do specific (milder) removal creams for the face.... for future reference .
    Keep it cool, and I'd leave it alone tbh. That or whack a load of e45 on it or something.

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should always read the part where it says "Not for use here, here or here" :p: If the cloth is working just keep it there, can't really think of much else you can do

ReputationRep:
    now the hairs going to grow back thick, just let it cool down, wax it or thread it yourself next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    now the hairs going to grow back thick
    No it won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    No it won't.
    it may grow back darker though thats what happpened to me :dontknow:

waxed my moustache off this morning.... hurt like HELL but smooth as a baby's bottom :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    it may grow back darker though thats what happpened to me :dontknow:
    Depilatory creams will not change the colour of the hair. Sorry, but they don't. It's a myth.

ReputationRep:
    You my have a chemical burn (i've had before on my legs from this-less than 2 minutes after applying- I have sensitive skin). Treat it like you would any other burn so you're doing the right thing by using a cold compress you could also try some after-sun or aloe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Depilatory creams will not change the colour of the hair. Sorry, but they don't. It's a myth.
    Well the skin then? I did it once when I was about 10 or 11 and it made the skin around my lip darker. I was hairless but it looked like I had even more of a 'tache! I wanted to die! :sigh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Obviously make sure that the cream is fully washed off. Apart from that you can't really do anything, just don't put any make-up over it, or keep touching it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.