Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay i has in the shower using hair removal cream. I thought id use it to remove hair from my upper lip. Its now red and swollen, i had only kept it on for 2 minutes. Help anyone? i know it was stupid. Im keeping a wet cloth on it which seems to be working.

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, they do specific (milder) removal creams for the face.... for future reference .
    Keep it cool, and I'd leave it alone tbh. That or whack a load of e45 on it or something.

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should always read the part where it says "Not for use here, here or here" :p: If the cloth is working just keep it there, can't really think of much else you can do

ReputationRep:
    now the hairs going to grow back thick, just let it cool down, wax it or thread it yourself next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    now the hairs going to grow back thick
    No it won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    No it won't.
    it may grow back darker though thats what happpened to me :dontknow:

waxed my moustache off this morning.... hurt like HELL but smooth as a baby's bottom :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    it may grow back darker though thats what happpened to me :dontknow:
    Depilatory creams will not change the colour of the hair. Sorry, but they don't. It's a myth.

ReputationRep:
    You my have a chemical burn (i've had before on my legs from this-less than 2 minutes after applying- I have sensitive skin). Treat it like you would any other burn so you're doing the right thing by using a cold compress you could also try some after-sun or aloe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Depilatory creams will not change the colour of the hair. Sorry, but they don't. It's a myth.
    Well the skin then? I did it once when I was about 10 or 11 and it made the skin around my lip darker. I was hairless but it looked like I had even more of a 'tache! I wanted to die! :sigh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Obviously make sure that the cream is fully washed off. Apart from that you can't really do anything, just don't put any make-up over it, or keep touching it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.