Turn on thread page Beta

Will I still be able to be a teacher..with a combined honors degree? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    It should be fine.. I went to Keele and I did Law with History and I'm going to me a primary teacher, I got onto my PGCE course so I wouldn't worry about it
    Hi, I've just started at Keele doing English. After my degree I want to do my PGCE in English, was just wondering if you have any advice for me, such as personal statements and/ or experience. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go straight into the PGCE, then your course must be at least 50% in the subject you wish to teach. If you fall below this, it will be at the discretion of the provider, although you would most likely have to complete a (6-12 month enhancement course) before going on to your PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    I did a Law degree and am now going into teaching Maths, but don't assume we haven't had to do an intensive 6 months - 1 year of maths SKE. Much more intensive than my degree I found. Out of 30 of us going into maths teaching at my university, only 6 have maths-related degrees. There simply aren't enough maths graduates willing to go into teaching to cover all the teaching jobs.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.