Turn on thread page Beta

When does NHS cover run out? watch


    *sigh* it goes like this:

    1. If you're not 19, don't worry, you don't have to pay yet.
    2. If you're at uni, get a HC1 form (need to ask doctor or get online) fill in and send back with details of what you get. Don't be tempted to lie, the NHS are EVIL and will check. They check EVERYTHING to suck out your money like the IR do
    3. You might be lucky and get a HC2, which gives you money off stuff from the NHS like dentists and prescriptions (but beware, I get Incapacity and I'm still expected to pay for my scripts)
    4. If you're working, I'd suggest getting health insurance of some form to cover le dentist, or set up a payment plan with them, and get a pre-payment certificate if you need prescriptions on a regular basis.

    Also check if you're not exempt from paying for any treatment. I have finally got around to checking everything and now don't pay for prescriptions and eye tests.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.