Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am a student from Edinburgh Scotland, I am coming to London on Monday for 6 weeks. I am a Paediatric Nursing student and I am doing my elective at The Royal London hospital. I have organised my accommodation at Queen Mary as it is closest to the hospital for my shifts. I found out I will be at Beaumont halls (en-suite), can anyone tell me if they are decent?

Also I will need to head to hospital for 7.30am starts, is it ok to walk to hospital or are buses adviced? Some people I have spoken to say the area is a bit dodgy?! as I will be on my own, will be walking about etc doing my own thing, will I be ok?

Also as a campus in the summer, are all the facilities mentioned closed? (except lib obviously), like shops etc or is there still people going around?

Thanks appreciate your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Beaumont halls are very nice, the ensuite and rooms are cosy and look lovely!

If you're on about the hospital I think you're talking about, then yes it's in walking distance (although I walk as fast as some people jog!), about 10 minutes for me. Buses are regular anyway, and gets you there fairly fast. But if it's the one further down, then yes a bus is advised!

There are shops all around the campus, theres a Budgens near you as well by Mile End station, hope it helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.