Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am currently discussing a job transfer and was just wondering if anyone knew what time Lectures would approximately finish? Also how far is the Oracle Centre from the University? How long would it take to walk?

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz1991)
    Also how far is the Oracle Centre from the University? How long would it take to walk?

Many Thanks
    The Oracle Centre is about a mile and a half from the outskirts of the campus, maybe a little bit more. It depends how fast you walk; probably between 25 – 35 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what course you're on I guess. Most of mine ended by 6pm last year unless they over ran

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twaffy)
    Depends what course you're on I guess. Most of mine ended by 6pm last year unless they over ran
    Oh right, what course were you doing?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

You're doing maths, you will have some 6pms. One of my best friends is doing maths at Reading, and she had a few lectures in both first and second year that finished at 6pm.

ReputationRep:
    Doing pharmacy, lots of 6pm finishes

ReputationRep:
    Lectures won't officially go past 6pm as far as I'm aware, and it might be quicker to get a bus into town as opposed to walking? I think the route 20/21 goes from campus to town although I've never used it myself, and I'm sure that would get you to town to start work by 7pm.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what its like for archaeology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerley)
    Lectures won't officially go past 6pm as far as I'm aware, and it might be quicker to get a bus into town as opposed to walking? I think the route 20/21 goes from campus to town although I've never used it myself, and I'm sure that would get you to town to start work by 7pm.
    Town is a walkable distance right? like 20mins from the Prudential building?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstude)
    Town is a walkable distance right? like 20mins from the Prudential building?
    It is walkable yeah - if you're feeling vaguely energetic! I'm not sure about the 20 minutes... it takes about 20 mins from the Donnington Gardens area above the university, so I would say more like 30 mins at a reasonable pace from campus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.