Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reasons for wanting a "Time Machine" Watch

ReputationRep:
    For me, my reasons are:

1) Go back in time and repeat school from the start
    2) Go to the future, meet my grandchildren and come back to the present
    3) Go back in time and change many things that could have been "prevented"

I could be so much better off in life...

ReputationRep:
    same as your number 1 and 3 and a few other personal things

ReputationRep:
    Go back in time to repeat school and actually try in my exams, but still go to Uni 4 years late so I can be with my friends, but do something better with my break from education.
    Go back in time and spend more time with my mum before she passed away.

Go forward in time to see my future husband if there is one. It will help me to relax immensely.
    Go forward in time to check the weekend's Lotto numbers. :smug:

Pause time and get my dissertation work done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    If you go back in time and repeat school, isn't that just being a paedophile? As YOU in your current state are going back in time....

I would go to the Future and get an elixir of immortality, drink it and go back to the start of time, sit back and enjoy.
    How would that automatically make him a paedo? Some people did more in school than have sex with the other pupils you know.

ReputationRep:
    Go back and make up for missed opportunities...

[Well, kick my past self for missing them...or pre-kick him for potentially missing them]

ReputationRep:
    In before people killing their grandfathers...

ReputationRep:
    1. Travel forwards in time a few thousand years, retrieve a load of advanced technology.

2. Travel back to the year 20AD.

3. Use technology and modern medicine on people.

4. Claim to be Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    1. Go back to the dawn of time... Take pictures.
    2. Show the modern world (today)
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    If you go back in time and repeat school, isn't that just being a paedophile? As YOU in your current state are going back in time....

I would go to the Future and get an elixir of immortality, drink it and go back to the start of time, sit back and enjoy.
    Oi! You quoted me apparently? Was it something rude that got removed? :curious: :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back and see the dinosaurs.

ReputationRep:
    The Butterfly Effect, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'd visit historical periods that interest me, just to live a day as an average person. I'd love to just spend a few days in Victorian London, seeing things which I've read about and studied, but for them to be more than just aids to literature, for them to be reality. I'd love to meet certain people; Sir J M Barrie being the first and foremost, along with Kit Marlowe, and a few other non-literary figures.

I'd also go back a little less far, and see Elvis and David Bowie perform at the height of their fame; how incredible would that be?

And on a more personal level, I'd take my Gran out for a Chinese. That sounds insane, but for about a year before she died she kept talking about me and my cousins and her going out for an all you can eat Chinese, which she'd never done. But we didn't get around to it, then she got ill, and worsened, and it became impossible. We did have a takeaway in her house one night, but it wasn't the same. I'm not sure how bothered she was about it, but I felt for ages like I'd broken a promise, even though it was something so seemingly insignificant. So yeah, I'd do that, and anything else she wanted. Actually, scrap that. I'd force her to go to the doctors as soon as she started feeling unwell. If she'd gone earlier, they might have been able to stop the cancer, and she'd have been here for my 16th birthday, my GCSEs, my AS Levels, the news that I'd got into Oxford, my 18th, my A Levels... she'd be here now, glowing with pride at how far I've come... and my family wouldn't have split at the seams with my uncles hating each other and my dad and grandfather caught in the middle.

God, if I could just have known, and made her go to the doctors earlier... ****. I'm upsetting myself now. I'll stop.

ReputationRep:
    :hmmmm: I'd go forwards in time to see how my life turns out, and change it if it's not so good

Then I'd go back in time to the 50's and hang out with the Beatles in the Cavern just before they got big

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    The Butterfly Effect, anyone?

You mean The Chaos Theory, I am assuming you watched the movie The Butterfly Effect?
    But yeah, what you're actually refering to is the chaos theory.

But yeah these people don't really seem to be thinking about the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    You mean The Chaos Theory, I am assuming you watched the movie The Butterfly Effect?
    But yeah, what you're actually refering to is the chaos theory.

But yeah these people don't really seem to be thinking about the consequences.
    Yeah sorry I did mean the movie, I saw it earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    Yeah sorry I did mean the movie, I saw it earlier.
    Is it any good? I was going to watch it the other day but missed the start and couldn't be bothered to try and get into it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    Is it any good? I was going to watch it the other day but missed the start and couldn't be bothered to try and get into it...
    Yeah it's brilliant, I literally just finished watching it. It's really thought-provoking and quite sad (I cried in certain parts!). It's been on my list of "films I must see" for a while now, and I'm really glad I've seen it!

Any other recommendations for powerful/famous films?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.