Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Means tested loan watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student loan etc yesterday and said my parents will fill in their application online. However they cannot, so i phoned up student finance if they could send the form through the post and they said my parents don't need to fill anything in and will just use the information from last year. Is this true? I don't want to not do anything and then my loan doesn't come through!

ReputationRep:
    im sure you have to get them to fill it in again because what if your parents financial information has changed, i.e pay rise or cut in hours? if it hasnt changed then theres no point in worrying but if it has maybe ring them up and ask to be reassessed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleyann)
    im sure you have to get them to fill it in again because what if your parents financial information has changed, i.e pay rise or cut in hours? if it hasnt changed then theres no point in worrying but if it has maybe ring them up and ask to be reassessed?
    the guy said something like if it's changed by more than 15%, then you can fill in another form. I'm just a bit confused because on their website when I login it said awaiting information from parents or something like that. Can't check at the moment though as the site is down.

ReputationRep:
    I am almost certain that you need to reapply during each year of the course. If they cannot complete the information online, then they will need to complete the paper based forms.

These are available here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/DG_171624

ReputationRep:
    I got told that your parents only need to send their information in again if their income changes by at 15% or more.

Whilst you do need to reapply, don't think financial information needs to be sent off every year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    I got told that your parents only need to send their information in again if their income changes by at 15% or more.

Whilst you do need to reapply, don't think financial information needs to be sent off every year.
    i've reapplied. as my parents income hasnt changed, do they need to do anything? i'll probably get a letter soon anyways if i do need to do anything right?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i wouldnt trust anything that student finace tell you. they will be saying pink elephants are going to fly from the sky next. they are the mosy usless company i have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. they sent me a letter saying i didnt want to get income asesses. then a aweek later they sent me a letter saying im geting reassess as i have supllied more deatails- which they ahd all along!!! id definately get a paper copy sent and fill it in- better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Parents do still need to complete a PFF2 form regardless of whether it's changed or not.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it?! When I sent off my application in June, they told me on the phone to leave the financial section blank if my parents income hasnt changed by 15%.

For the last 9 weeks, my application status online has said that is was still being processed. I emailed them this morning and they told me that they need my parents to send off a PFF2.

So why did they tell me on the phone that we dont need to send any financial information?! AND the PFF2 form asks for exactly the same financial information that we sent off last year, same financial year and everything.

ReputationRep:
    I contacted my LEA today and they told me there was no need for me to send off a PFF2 form to them, as they would re-use last years information when they get around to processing my application.

ReputationRep:
    If you had completed the paper application, it was just a case of your parents signing the PR1 form.

Online parents still had to do a PFF2/Login online to confirm

ReputationRep:
    Argggg, this is why I HATE Student Finance Wales! I made it very clear to them on the phone and my emails that I had POSTED my application for, but they still kept giving me information based on if I had done an online application.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.