Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    when a guy buys you a drink , what's the first thing that comes to your head?
    do you find it a turn off when he offers to buy you a drink?

ReputationRep:
    no it's not a turn off...

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't buy a girl a drink first, jeez, what a waste of money if she ends up rejecting you! Just go speak to her, you're not attracting anyone by buying them a drink!

ReputationRep:
    date rape

ive never bought a girl a drink when im at a club, except for friends. id presume it would be something along the lines of 'sucker' for a fair few girls. i know a few girls who can go out somewhere and get through the whole night without buying themselves a drink.

ReputationRep:
    but its not exactly a turn on either :confused:

I generally think "oh good, free drink" if he's got decent chat might stay talking, if he's dull as sin/absolutely no attraction and he clearly wants to spend a bit longer than 2 mins together move away from the bar pronto once drink arrives.

ReputationRep:
    For the cynical girls, I'd assume they'd think the man wanted a one way trip into her knickers :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    guys who buy girls drinks are the biggest pussies around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    For the cynical girls, I'd assume they'd think the man wanted a one way trip into her knickers :awesome:
    This, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    You shouldn't buy a girl a drink first, jeez, what a waste of money if she ends up rejecting you! Just go speak to her, you're not attracting anyone by buying them a drink!
    lol i dont buy girls drink, just wondering the general opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I do it alot if I have hardly any money go out with just taxi money and smile at men and when they come over pretend to be intrested get them to buy me a drink and then i disappear. If you buy a girl a drink she dont acc want you she just wants the free booze esp the club i go to were its buy one get one free get loads drinks. people will prob comment about me doing this but why pay for a drink when you can get it for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    This.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    This.:yes:
    to be honest, those cynical girls arent far off the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I would only take it if I watched it being prepared and then handed over, otherwise it could easily have been spiked. I would also assume the guy was only after one thing so I'd take the drink and then make my excuses to move away from them.

ReputationRep:
    I get offered, but if I've not been speaking to them long/not interested then I won't accept.

If I do accept, I always buy them one back later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    to be honest, those cynical girls arent far off the truth.
    Good to know. That's what great instinct shows for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    I do it alot if I have hardly any money go out with just taxi money and smile at men and when they come over pretend to be intrested get them to buy me a drink and then i disappear. If you buy a girl a drink she dont acc want you she just wants the free booze esp the club i go to were its buy one get one free get loads drinks. people will prob comment about me doing this but why pay for a drink when you can get it for free
    Because you're playing on people's charity, and that's not nice.

ReputationRep:
    A guy friend of mine (hadn't seen him for years) bought me a drink when we were out clubbing. I do think he thought it was gonna 'loosen me up' a bit but he should've known better I guess. He knows what I'm like, so it's up to him if he wants to waste his money on getting me drunk lol.

But otherwise, I've never been offered a drink!! Does it happen a lot then?

ReputationRep:
    I like it when a guy buys you a drink - its flattering....so no its definitely not a turn off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Because you're playing on people's charity, and that's not nice.
    to be fair though, it's not charity as the guy is'nt giving for nothing, he's giving in exchange for sexy time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.