Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Meh, don't do it. You're already saying this about yourself when you buy the drink:

You are after her, she is the prize.

Reverse the roles. Make yourself the prize and get the girl chasing you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    A guy friend of mine (hadn't seen him for years) bought me a drink when we were out clubbing. I do think he thought it was gonna 'loosen me up' a bit but he should've known better I guess. He knows what I'm like, so it's up to him if he wants to waste his money on getting me drunk lol.

But otherwise, I've never been offered a drink!! Does it happen a lot then?
    i wouldnt say a LOT, but it happens. usually depends on how you act towards guys.. if they think they might get something from it, then buying a drink is a good way to move things forward from their perspective.

ReputationRep:
    only accept the drink if you're interested in sexy time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    when a guy buys you a drink , what's the first thing that comes to your head?
    do you find it a turn off when he offers to buy you a drink?
    Woohoo! Free drink! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Only time you should buy a girl a drink in a club is when
    A) you're with her
    B) you've been chatting for a while
    C) you've pulled her
    D) she's a friend

otherwise it looks lame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight409)
    to be fair though, it's not charity as the guy is'nt giving for nothing, he's giving in exchange for sexy time.
    If you buy a girl a drink, it doesn't necessarily mean you want sexy time. Not in my case. Anyway, if I buy a girl a drink, it's because we've had a good chat and also extends the conversation a bit more (what drink do you like, etc.). She would be taking advantage of a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    For the cynical girls, I'd assume they'd think the man wanted a one way trip into her knickers :awesome:
    Bingo. Call me cynical, but I find it hard to believe guys buy girls drinks in a club in order to get decent conversation...It's not like you can hear anything. I always just think if someone buys me a drink, they want something in return.

ReputationRep:
    Guys who buy drinks for girls are total losers.

Winners have girls buying drinks for them.

Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Guys who buy drinks for girls are total losers.

Winners have girls buying drinks for them.

Fact.
    They're not losers...girls like it when a guy buys them a drink..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    They're not losers...girls like it when a guy buys them a drink..
    Girls also like it when they get my attention. I can give that for free. Therefore guys having to spend money to get girls to like it are losers.

It's basic logic

ReputationRep:
    If I like the guy/think he's cute then I'm like "yay"...if I don't like him then I'm like "ugh, no thank you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    when a guy buys you a drink , what's the first thing that comes to your head?
    do you find it a turn off when he offers to buy you a drink?
    Nice, but now I kind of feel like I'm in debt to him. I know it's weird, I definitely appreciate the thoughtfulness and I'm not like a manhater or anything, but I actually don't like it when guys I don't know that well buy me stuff, even picking up the tab at a meal. It makes me kind of uncomfortable. I don't know if most girls are like that, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccydoodaa)
    Bingo. Call me cynical, but I find it hard to believe guys buy girls drinks in a club in order to get decent conversation...It's not like you can hear anything. I always just think if someone buys me a drink, they want something in return.
    Well I'd ask for another round! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Girls also like it when they get my attention. I can give that for free. Therefore guys having to spend money to get girls to like it are losers.

It's basic logic
    Well think of how much a girl likes you when you give her your attention.and now think that by giving her your attention and a drink - she'd like you even more!
    Basic logic.

ReputationRep:
    Well think of how much a girl likes you when you give her your attention.and now think that by giving her your attention and a drink - she'd like you even more!
    Basic logic.
    Im keen to avoid that actually, Dont want even more stalkers onto my case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    I do it alot if I have hardly any money go out with just taxi money and smile at men and when they come over pretend to be intrested get them to buy me a drink and then i disappear. If you buy a girl a drink she dont acc want you she just wants the free booze esp the club i go to were its buy one get one free get loads drinks. people will prob comment about me doing this but why pay for a drink when you can get it for free
    this comment demonstrates how deluded most men are about pulling girls

DONT BUY RANDOM GIRLS DRINKS!!

you may aswell go up to her and say, 'oh, hi, your very attractive and i'n not worthy of you. but if I do evrything you say and give you nice things will you sleep with me? '

give me a break

btw girls i dont think these tatics are wrong on your behalf, if sucker guys fall it.

ReputationRep:
    From what Ive learnt, seen and heard I dont think you should buy girls drinks. I know girls with no boyfriends who go out with money and plan to and flirt, lead boys on SOLEY to get drinks. Not nice I personally think. (They usually get more free drinks, than drinks I buy for myself )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Im keen to avoid that actually, Dont want even more stalkers onto my case.
    stalkers?? I know i said it will make a girl like you even more...but not to the extent of stalking!!

ReputationRep:
    stalkers?? I know i said it will make a girl like you even more...but not to the extent of stalking!!
    Im just that irresistable obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    I do it alot if I have hardly any money go out with just taxi money and smile at men and when they come over pretend to be intrested get them to buy me a drink and then i disappear. If you buy a girl a drink she dont acc want you she just wants the free booze esp the club i go to were its buy one get one free get loads drinks. people will prob comment about me doing this but why pay for a drink when you can get it for free
    Well aren't you a self centered *****

p.s don't buy girls drinks kids.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.